Fitting electric oven

Connect your new cooker upto the cooker circuit.

The 2A difference shouldn’t be a problem in most circumstances.

Sponsored Links
How rude.

Coming to a forum asking for advice the swearing at us when we try to get it right...
Im not being rude, its just typical forum etiquette to be pedantic, i got the word wrong, either way i stated it had a 32amp supply so my question was can i use that on a 30 amp circuit, but instead people correcting me in typical forum fashion.

Im not being rude, its just typical forum etiquette to be pedantic, i got the word wrong, either way i stated it had a 32amp supply so my question was can i use that on a 30 amp circuit, but instead people correcting me in typical forum fashion.
To be pedantic you you made no such statement, What you did state and please excuse the editting of you original post;
Im wanting to remove an old gas oven and fitting an electric replacement.

I keep reading about 32 amp fuses for ovens but my fuseboard says 30amp trip.

Is it as easy as connecting an electric cooker up or is there anything that needs to be done to the existing circuit?
And in typical forum fashion we tried hard to squeeze the correct information out of you in order to offer the most accurate and safe advice we could.

To compound the issue at the end of your question you asked this question
Is it as easy as connecting an electric cooker up or is there anything that needs to be done to the existing circuit?
So your question is actually
Im wanting to remove an old gas oven and fitting an electric replacement. Is it as easy as connecting an electric cooker up or is there anything that needs to be done to the existing circuit?
Demonstrating quite clearly you know the difference between an oven and a cooker and when we asked for clarification you confused us with;
I mean an oven.

It gets hot, it cooks your food, it has a hob on top.........
And then instead of answering with the information we required in order to offer correct advice you swore at US.
You were then politely informed;
Sorry mate, you're using the wrong word.
and being rude for a second time;
Does it really matter, dont people have any common sense anymore, so i got the word wrong.......
Yes it does matter when needing help, you confused us more as we were beginning to think you may be trying to install a fitted oven and separate hot unit which is a whole different ball game. You repeatedly gave the wrong information despite several requests for clarification.

However eventually after 13 post you inform us;
its an appliance that needs a 32 amp but my current circuit is a 30 amp.
If you had bothered telling us that at the beginning we would have answered in the first reply or if you'd bothered giving that information when we asked questions we could have helped quickly.

Even now I believe you have not told us what appliance you are attempting to fit.

Nobody tried to correct your incorrect terminology for the electrical accessories but fortunately you supplied lovely clear photographs switches, outlet plate and cooker point for which I'll now say thankyou as that did reduce the amount of questions and guessing.

In summary yes it does matter, please be curteous in the future or help will not be forthcoming. We are happy to spend our time helping those to help themselves but as Dave states we could be instead be doing our day job and getting paid for it and I'll add to that with instead of wasting our time on idiots.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back