fitting vertical blinds tips ,advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have the idea of buying some 9 vertical blinds of the internet and installing myself. There prices are much more competitive than to have them done locally i wondered if you have any experiences you could give me , i am able enough in most DIY . i just like to ask them who know
thanks Charles

Sponsored Links
If you can do a bit of DIY you shouldn't have any bother. They vary from make to make of course, but in my experience they're only fitted under the lintel with two or three brackets (depending on size), and then the top rail of the blind clips into them.
If you have a hammer drill and a masonry bit, and can put in Rawlplugs (other inserts are available!), you'll walk it.

im also doing this, i stupidly didnt put the drill on hammer action and when it came to fitting the brackets the holes were far too big so now im left with holes i'll have to fill :oops:

would you recommend plaster board rauw plugs for hollow walls, as mine arent that good a shape and no screws seem to bite, also the scews supplied were tiny so will i find plugs so small?

thanking you

Sponsored Links
We had these blinds in a previous house - they looked OK, but they were a right pain to open and close when the window cills had various vases/pictures/ornaments etc on them.

Depending on the lintel, you may need a masonry or a metal bit.

These can also be fitted to a bracket fixed to the window frame IIRC?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back