Fixing a small dent in laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So I have a small problem in that I dropped the iron the other day onto the laminate flooring .. IKEA type light wood stuff and the nose of the iron put a 1cm dent into it. The impact site has the laminate surface depressed and I cannot (don't want to) raise it out for fear of making this worse.

I was wondering what to do here. Someone said tree sap or similar (transparent glue) can reconstitute a surface at least to protect the dent.

Any other ideas would be welcome!

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo adcworks and welcome :D:D:D:D

bought this stuff some years ago http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea...inet+repair&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=7&y=10
but havent used it as i found normal ronseal neutral/pine filler [purple/blue colour cap]from homebase looked neater

all depends on wether you have beech coloured laminate and wether its a dent with a firm base or a dent thats broken the back

if its click type can you not replace the plank!!!

await" wood you like" to reply for other suggestions :D ;)

big-all said:
all depends on wether you have beech coloured laminate and wether its a dent with a firm base or a dent thats broken the back

Nothing to add this time, you said it all ;)

Perhaps only: dents, little scratches add character to the floor, never expect your floor to stay 'new' (well, the only way to do that is not to walk on it ;)

It's like a new car: first scratch is "Ouch".

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the fast replies. Will check this product out :)

Definately agree on the "adding character" point for real wood floors but not for this super-smooth faux wood laminate stuff from IKEA ;)

Not only that, but I rent this house, so I don't want my deposit docked!

Anyways, take it easy, thanks again

Sponsored Links
Gcol, althought the word laminated is used in the title of the topic I do think it's a Wood-Engineered or Wood-Veneer floor. Your suggestion is for indeed the Melamine (plastic) Laminated floor and I'm not sure it would work here.

adcworks said:
Definately agree on the "adding character" point for real wood floors but not for this super-smooth faux wood laminate stuff from IKEA ;)
Sounds like laminate to me Woody. :confused:

lol, well i guess it's veneered then .. it has a 2mm or so top layer of faux platic feeling wood with something like chipboard underneath.

WoodYouLike said:
big-all said:

Nothing to add this time, you said it all ;)

Perhaps only: dents, little scratches add character to the floor, never expect your floor to stay 'new' (well, the only way to do that is not to walk on it ;)

It's like a new car: first scratch is "Ouch".

:D :D :D I vaguely remember my floor when I first laid it, it's now covered in "character" :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back