Fixing Cracks in Capri Worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the sections of my Capri worktop has developed a pretty bad crack that look like it will eventually travel far enough that it will break in two.

My understanding in that these worktops were discontinued a few years ago so although the section is only 85cm there is no chance of getting a replacement part.

Does anyone know if these worktops can be repaired? I am obviously trying to avoid the worst case scenario where I have to replace all the worktops just because of the problems of this small section.

Sponsored Links
I have taken three pictures:

20120301_192704.jpg

20120301_192713.jpg

20120301_192725.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sorry to say this but part of the reason that Howdens discontinued the Capri worktops is that they had a propensity to crack - especially on the sink sections. I know because I had more call backs on Capri than any other solid surface material I ever dealt with and the general approach was to remove the defective section and replace it. The material works just like Corian or many other solid surface materials, it even uses the same type of 2-pack glue, but the glue is coloured to match the top and I don't know of anyone who does a brown adhesive to match your top. Even if it were possible to source the correct the glue you'd still end up with a very visible repair because the glue is translucent whilst Capri is semi-translucent making glue lines visible (and difficult for the fitter to get right) and repairs very obvious

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back