Fixing to drywall

no substitute for aforementioned plywood method.

I use plywood onto the studs to hang network cabinets considerably heavier than televisions.

In fact, i've had to rehang a few when their "magic fixings" used by subbies have failed them.

Matt

Sponsored Links
Plaster board doesn't give a secure fixing if there is any vibration present.

The vibration of the fixing slowly but relentlessly enlarges its hole until the fixing becomes loose.

That maybe true of standard fixings which rely on gripping the plasterboard with the thread but these have the additional toggle on the back which spreads the load and clamps the plaster board between the fixing and the bracket.

Unless the gypsum degenerates or a significant force is applied to the TV then a cant see it going anywhere.

Day 4 and it's still up .... at this rate I might even get a week out of those fixings! :cool:

Almost into Feb now and said LCD TV is still mounted on the wall .... Jus an update for all the doomslayers out there.

I'm so pleased with the strength of these fittings, a couple of new rads are now securely fixed using the fixings.

Sponsored Links
and as monsoon hasn't posted about having to shovel up a floor full of broken tv parts one can only assume his method of fixing has stood the test of time.

and as monsoon hasn't posted about having to shovel up a floor full of broken tv parts one can only assume his method of fixing has stood the test of time.

or it fell off and the mrs divorced him and he doesnt want to post :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back