Fixtures and fitting's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So im buying a house and I agreed with the vendor that it was to be sold with fixtures and fittings, today I got the check list on what was being left which was nothing :eek:

they even planned to take the ceramic floor tiles in the kitchen ffs.

I phoned the estate agent and even though im on the verge of exchanging I told them I was withdrawing my offer as they were taking the p155 . Three hours later I get a call from the agent saying the vendors had made a mistake and they are leaving everything after all so i've again said i'd proceed but what do I do if they do take stuff?

Their niece live's opposite in the same style house so everything would fit there which is concerning me ?

Sponsored Links
Do you or the estate agents have photo's of the house internally? If so I'd save them so you can refer back to the photo's (just in case anything is removed)

Sponsored Links
fixtures and fittings is part of the deal..tell the estate agent if anything is missing it will have to be replaced at their expense .....a relation of mine bought a house several years ago and although the sale was done there was some bad feeling between buyer/seller over problems that arose just before the sale and one of the problems was the fixtures and fittings..the seller took every bulb out.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..but after moving in the next morning she gat a bath,no problems the took the plug out when finished as she was getting dried her husband come running up the stairs saying water is pouring through the ceiling.....the bar steward seller had removed the bath panel,taken off the waste pipe and put the panle back on :cry: :cry:

When i bought mine CC i was given the inventory list, there were things ticked as being taken and some weren't i.e. staying, you should of been given the opportunity to visit the property one last time with list in hand, thats what the estate agent advised me to do.

I declined the offer but wished i'd been there when they moved out, they'd swapped all the posh halogen ceiling lights for basic single bulbs, swapped brushed stainless switches for white, left fixing holes in most of the bathroom walls where mirrors once were. He kept fish and had a massive pond in the garden, left a hole 2 ft deep and 6 ft long where the filters where, left a LIVE armoured cable just laying on the lawn after he disconnected everything, he even took the name plaque for the house :rolleyes:

My advice is go and view for the last time

When i bought mine CC i was given the inventory list, there were things ticked as being taken and some weren't i.e. staying, you should of been given the opportunity to visit the property one last time with list in hand, thats what the estate agent advised me to do.

I declined the offer but wished i'd been there when they moved out, they'd swapped all the posh halogen ceiling lights for basic single bulbs, swapped brushed stainless switches for white, left fixing holes in most of the bathroom walls where mirrors once were. He kept fish and had a massive pond in the garden, left a hole 2 ft deep and 6 ft long where the filters where, left a LIVE armoured cable just laying on the lawn after he disconnected everything, he even took the name plaque for the house :rolleyes:

My advice is go and view for the last time

Real good advice the caveman,which I second

Make sure your camera has the date and time set correctly as well. In one of your pics see if you can get a newspaper headline in the shot as further proof that it was when you took the pics.

You could even print out the photo's and make sure that both you and the sellers have a signed set of them (every piccy or page signed). This may seem OTT, but it's what's required as part of an inventory when tenants and landlords go through renting a room/flat/house. It also makes it crystal clear to the sellers that you ain't taking no sh*te from them.

It's a buyers market and they'll throw a potential sale at significant peril.

Quick update .... Vendor has sh1t themselves and said it was all a mistake :rolleyes: . So i've told my solicitor I now want a new contents list ASAP before I sign the contract. !!!!

Sponsored Links
Back