Flashing into Timber wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've recently build a porch and will start constructing the roof this weekend. No dramas with timbers / tiling, but haven't got a clue how to flash it. The house wall is timber prefab with a pebble dash finish on the bottom half and pvc clad on the top half. I plan on templating the hip on the cladding, cut it out to shape so the tiles will finish an inch below. I was then going to cut into the render, flash it and seal with CT1. Any advise / thoughts would be appreciated. TIA

Sponsored Links
The lead needs to go up behind the upvc cladding.

yes cut a groove out of the pebbledash. The flashing can be sealed with lead mate, a grey silicone type sealant.

you may need soakers on the tiles

The lead needs to go up behind the upvc cladding.

yes cut a groove out of the pebbledash. The flashing can be sealed with lead mate, a grey silicone type sealant.

you may need soakers on the tiles
Thanks . Question: is there a realistic way of doing this without removing cladding? I know what's going to happen when start pulling it down. Obviously with it in place I can't cut into the render high enough to be behind the existing clad. If it does then so be it, but want to make sure before I go pulling down. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Have you got a photo of the area to be flashed? Sometimes you can fit and seal a surface trim to cover flashing below.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back