Flat or mono pitch roof dilema

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a garden building aprox 30' wide x 12' deep and about 8' high. I need to put a roof on it a.s.a.p. and cannot decide between mono pitch or flat. Also I cannot decide between felt, rubber, shingles, corrugated metal / plastic / bitumen, or even tiles for that matter. Also I would like to have as shallow a pitch as possible, I dont like all these buildings that look like they have a great wedge shaped hat !

Bottom line is that it needs to be cost effective, pleasing to the eye, 100% waterproof and not too labour intensive. Can anyone help suggest the right way to go?

Sponsored Links
Thanks masona, its a new building and has no roof yet.
I am very interested in the rubber membrane product from your link, just wondering how expensive it is ? The steel tile effect sheets are quite pricey and my previous experience with steel is lots of condensation.

Sponsored Links
barneybodge said:
The steel tile effect sheets are quite pricey and my previous experience with steel is lots of condensation.
You can over come that by using roofing felts or maybe a insulated steel sheet ?

Thanks for the replies,

Im going for a pitched roof with gable ends, soffit, eaves, eternit slate and ridge tiles. All to match in with the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back