flat roof edge detailing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone any idea how to finish the detailing on this flat roof?

I won't have an 'upstand' on the edge or the roof as plan on using these EPDM trims:

as such shall I just leave it at that or will it look a bit odd? Don't really have any fixings for a fascia board.

IMG_0880.jpg

Sponsored Links
Roofs should overhang walls unless you want the wall to be soaked every time it rains

Roofs should overhang walls unless you want the wall to be soaked every time it rains
He is using edge trim which provides upstand.But not clear if he understands this is attached to overhanging facia boards.

He is using edge trim which provides upstand.But not clear if he understands this is attached to overhanging facia boards.
Yes exactly. Usually I would fascia then trim but as from my (badly drawn) diagram you can see that the Joists run parallel to the wall and the top of the joist is level with the wall hence when I add 18mm OSB I will run it over the joist/wall to the edge. how would I fix the fascia? unless I glue it to the wall?

Sponsored Links
Makes no difference, and it's nothing to with roof run off . All walls should have a roof overhang, be it a verge a soffit, a parapet, whatever other wise the wall gets wet at the top.

I've seen plenty of flat roof garage's with no overhang its pretty standard I believe.
LOL.

Yeah I see litter everywhere, bad driving and men wearing black belts with brown shoes and it does not mean its right.

I can’t add an overhang on the other side as it’s up against a road and trucks will hit it.

Yep I guess I won’t tell until I start stripping it back I think that’s attached to the wooden upstand that won’t be replaced with as I’m using a Modern EPDM roof as edge trim.

I took a photo looks like what I said above,
2D8510D8-B629-4735-9578-2D98C21CA66B.jpeg
B5CB54C3-3C30-4CF6-BA9C-AB5E9FA4E5D8.jpeg
1F32F143-11D8-4BDD-AF32-324D87221DAA.jpeg

Last edited:
Makes no difference, and it's nothing to with roof run off . All walls should have a roof overhang, be it a verge a soffit, a parapet, whatever other wise the wall gets wet at the top.
Which he has.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back