Flat roof extension, construction detail for what does above sliding doors/around beam

I have someone who will produce proper drawings with the actual design once I've figured out all the details,
That's arse about face.

You should not worry about detailing, just the outline concept, and let someone experienced worry about detailing.

Sponsored Links
That's arse about face.

You should not worry about detailing, just the outline concept, and let someone experienced worry about detailing.
Exactly , if they are going to get '
someone who will produce proper drawings ' just get someone who knows how to produce 'proper' architectural drawings.

surely youve seen a builders 'drawing' before.................. they are usually to be found on an offcut of plasterboard, or on the back of a travis perkins receipt.
what happened to the traditional back of a fag packet :?::D

Sponsored Links
Well architects get paid for drawings not building.......
and architects should usually produce drawings which can be built from:!:
I generally think architects drawings are a good starting point but often need further working out for the construction to work.- a bit misleading, further larger scale details might be required.

Its a strange industry because almost all domestic extensions are built from building regs drawings which are not dimensioned working drawings.- they are in my experience. Planning drawings are not usually working drawings with construction notes/specification but building reg drawings develop the planning drawings into working drawings.

It doesnt help when architects put reams of cut and paste, non specific building regs blurb on the drawing in a tiny font size.
- well they shouldn't do that and it sounds like the sort of thing a more junior type of 'cad monkey' who doesn't know much about building construction would do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back