Flat roof failing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm after some advice with a property I have just purchased. It has a single story flat pitched roof section (fairly large) that has been felted. It is completely shot and is leaking into living room. I'm considering firstone rubber. I'm sure the roof is concrete underneath and there is a bit of damp on the internal rear walls in a rear downstairs toilet and storage room. I would love to turn this into a roof terrace if planning permission was granted. Would I need to put some insulation down onto top of concrete in the form of kingsman or something similar? The roof also has a parapet edge around that is raised by at least a couple of feet. My main concern if we turn it into a roof terrace is will we damage it by walking on it, I was considering decking on top to protect it?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It can all be done if you throw enough money at it, fixing suitable handrails or other barrier is the complicated challenge. But planning will likely be difficult and you will need deep pockets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back