Flexible 110mm waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Imminently about to start my loft extension plumbing for the en-suite. The 110mm soil pipe will have a decent enough fall and is pretty much a straight run for 4m before it has to do a bit of jiggery pokery. Fall in this problem area is not an issue, nor are sharp bends, but it has to do 4 small deviations at relatively low angles over the course of approx 2m.

With the standard angled fittings not being appropriate, my initial thoughts were towards those variable angled fittings. But they are quite large and bulky and a couple of shallow turns are in close proximity. I’ve then seen the Magicflex pipe which seems a really good option, but is a mere 480mm long. Of course I can connect a few together, but is there any longer flexible alternative I’m missing?

Would be great if there was a 2m long version. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Personally I would stick to rigid pipework. You can get shallow angle bends.

Why is that? I’m not after that super flexible pipe like a toilet connector that could droop, something more rigid that can just be manipulated and persuaded around a shallow bend.

Probably a silly idea, but if you only want a couple of very shallow bends it *might* be possible to flex them with heat.
It would be difficult to get an even heat all the way around a 4" pipe, and it would need some flexible support within the pipe to stop it collapsing.
There are a couple of example videos online, but be prepared for potentially a lot of wastage! :oops:

Sponsored Links
If you’re on about the adjustable bend, then I’d say that’s fine. If it’s like the McAlpine flexible connectors, then this is where blockages can occur.

Not on about those accordion type toilet pan connectors. These things are much more rigid. Only have a little flex… but need a long one or something equivalent.

Probably a silly idea, but if you only want a couple of very shallow bends it *might* be possible to flex them with heat.
It would be difficult to get an even heat all the way around a 4" pipe, and it would need some flexible support within the pipe to stop it collapsing.
There are a couple of example videos online, but be prepared for potentially a lot of wastage! :oops:
This did cross my mind. But the limited space I have to navigate wouldn’t take my freshly melted and bent rigid pipe. Kind of needs to be fed and bent as I go. Hard to describe other than it’s going to be a bugger.

Are the adjustable ones you've been looking at the 0-90 ones which have three sections? They do a 0-45 in two sections too which is a bit more compact. Guess you may have found that one too though

I had seen the 0-45 ones. You are right, more compact. I might be able to squeeze them in. In fact I’ll have to if the flexible malarkey amounts to nothing!

i've used 0-30 ones, with a single joint.

I also have an offcut of 110mm double skin pipe behind the shed, which was used to get water into a soakaway. It could be manipulated however you want. Cannot remember what connectors it used to go to the soild 110mm plastic though....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back