Flexible Grout Cracking?

cjb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - we've had floor tiles laid over floorboards about a month ago - the tiler plyboarded the floor first, then used flexible grout, but it's cracking already.

Anyone got any advice?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can you believe that I have been so let down by our kitchen fitters that it didn't even occur to me to get the completely unrelated tiler back?!!!!

I've just called him - he's going to come round and have a look - thanks very much for pointing out the obvious!

:D cheers :D

I'm sure he did but check he used a flexible adhesive too.

Sponsored Links
Ah - I don't know about flexible adhesive - would that make a difference?

cjb said:
Ah - I don't know about flexible adhesive - would that make a difference?
Yes, what is the tiles gap size? I'm wondering if the tiles is butted too close together for the adhesive to crack?

Or they are too far apart and he didn't use wide joint grout, but this would usually show up quicker as the grout dried.

Jason

The tiles are 30cm x 30cm - I would say that there is about 1cm between each tile? It's a kitchen diner, floorboards then stepping down onto concrete - the tiler has plyboarded the boards and used different grout for the concrete & boards (tiny colour difference but hardly noticeable)..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back