"Floating Floor"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After amazing contribution to other questions I am now looking at sorting the floor in my room.

The floor is quite a lot out from end to end, so I was intending to DPM the concrete then building a frame around the perimeter and adding beams with Celotex between before VCL and OSB / (Anything better?)

This way I can level the floor a lot more than it is (I'm not looking for perfection) using extra beams under low points.

I intend to use 60mm Celotex at the low end, and 40mm at the shallow end with some 50mm in the middle section (I have these sizes already).

I know floating floors are usually just board on Celotex, but I have quite a lot of weight in small areas with Reptiles Vivs.

Does this sound OK to do?

Sponsored Links
Why not use a self level compound to Level the concrete first. or skim it?

Because I have 0 experience and the likelihood of me getting a good result is low.
Working with wood is far more forgiving and I can test it and move it if needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back