flooring expansion gap around door jamb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. i've paid for somebody to lay my oak flooring . The skirting was left on so i will be using 16 x 16 quadrant beading... My problem is that instead of cutting out the door jamb and placing the flooring under this, he has cut the flooring around the door jamb. this looks a little un sightly. any tips to make this look a little better would be appreciated .

Sponsored Links
it varies on the long straights its roughly 10 mm but around door jamb it varies from 5 - 12 mm

i would ask him to undercut the door frame and architraves rather than extend the gap to 12mm around it although he will have a gods own job to release the undercut section with the floor in situ :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
no will get one up tommorow. allthough i dont think this will be an option feel bit cheeky as hedid this cheap. unless i pay him again :confused: seems like i may jus have to fill with sealant or wood filler any suggestions on these? thanks

no you need expansion nothing hard oo err misses :oops:
maybe white silicon iff your paint is white not ideal but flexible
i am sure woodulike will have an excelent product to fill the gap lol :D

haha , yes ive got some white silicon and the beading and skirts are white so will have to do this. or try some woodulike ;) and next time ask to undercut frames. thanks big all

Should be able to cut with a bosch p180e or similar, protect floor with thin card and tape and you can get cork strips to pack gaps which allow expansion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back