Flow Rate Reqd for Thermal Store/Heat Store

We're writing about you, Water Systems, not to you. ;)

Sponsored Links
Balenza said:
simond wrote

If the customer wants a significant flow rate and you have downgraded the heat bank to 65C it will lose temperature quickly and deliver low water temp HW.

All depends on the storage capacity and the cylinder stat setting for replenishment and of course the size of the Hex .

He has been told that numerous times.

The Nu Heat unit has no automatic variable cold mix valve

What is an automatic variable cold mix valve if I may ask?
Do you mean a TMV ?.

His terminology is so off what the industry say, that it is clear he hasn't much of a clue.

A look at the Nu Heat site will show a store with TMV on.

Since I (in my innocence) started this thread, may I bring it back to the original topic? I tested the flow rate today and found I have 33 l/m, which IMHO is pretty good?

Which leads me to another question..... Is it perhaps too high? Should I be looking to fit some sort of flow/pressure limiter on the TS? Advice please.

As to the ongoing "discussion" which has taken over this thread, I am genuinely interested in the system proposed by DrD, even if the technical issues you are all discussing are way over my head. Perhaps DrD could post a detailed plan of his proposals and the rest of you could constructively point out how it could be improved, if possible?

Thanks.....

baggy99 said:
Since I (in my innocence) started this thread, may I bring it back to the original topic? I tested the flow rate today and found I have 33 l/m, which IMHO is pretty good?

Which leads me to another question..... Is it perhaps too high? Should I be looking to fit some sort of flow/pressure limiter on the TS? Advice please.

As to the ongoing "discussion" which has taken over this thread, I am genuinely interested in the system proposed by DrD, even if the technical issues you are all discussing are way over my head. Perhaps DrD could post a detailed plan of his proposals and the rest of you could constructively point out how it could be improved, if possible?

Thanks.....

It is the pressure you limit. What is the pressure? The more flow the better.

Only Balenza understands thermal storage on here. We could get together and suggest a good solution. Need to go to bed.

Sponsored Links
Doctor Drivel said:
Only Balenza understands thermal storage on here. We could get together and suggest a good solution. Need to go to bed.
Get a room. :rolleyes:

>> It is the pressure you limit. What is the pressure? The more flow the better.

Dunno - like I said I don't have the kit to test it. wouldn't it be fair to assume that if the flow rate is high the pressure would be likewise?

Doctor Drivel said:
I wonder how much Fumb paid for the plate heat exchanger? And who He got it from. The average merchant will not supply such things.

I paid £76 plus the dreaded
It was sourced from Gledhill via my local merchant as Gledhill didn't want to talk to me direct :(

I run the stat on my store at 65 with boiler flow at 70 which gives me an average store temperature of about 68

Good to know

He usually looks after me pretty well on pricing. One of many advantages to supporting the local guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back