Flow Rate Reqd for Thermal Store/Heat Store

simond said:
If anybody is making things up here, shouldn't you be looking a bit closer to home?

NB: Still waiting for the unvented cylinder that is rated at 4bar and above,

Hint...Look at the quality makers.

and the heatstore manufacturer producing a HS using 60-65C water.

Get in touch with them. Lay down your specs and see what the come up with.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me.

I wasn't looking for hints, I was hoping you could come up with some evidence to justify not writing you off as a purveyor of Drivel.

simond said:
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me.

I wasn't looking for hints, I was hoping you could come up with some evidence to justify not writing you off as a purveyor of Drivel.

You have to learn to do the research and look. Now look and be a nice chap.

I think I understand.

Those reading this post may have noticed the sudden change in your approach.

You started by listing web sites for this and that data sheets, and then as your claims became steadily more preposterous, we were invited to 'do some research'.......

You have overstretched yourself and spun a few fibs, and would rather prevaricate than admit it. Since this is a classic Billy Liar scenario, may I suggest that moniker for your next name change?

Sponsored Links
Softus wrote

Really? I've bought several such HEs, and my average merchant has no trouble sourcing them.

Probably straight replacements for appliances where you just quote the part number and no calculations are required.
Walk into BSS and ask for a plate heat exchanger and their engineers will ask you a number of questions.
Local merchants in my area certainly dont stock them.

Simond wrote

You started by listing web sites for this and that data sheets,

The Nu heat energy store was mentioned.
Can you use a telephone ?

Water Systems said:
I wonder how much Fumb paid for the plate heat exchanger? And who He got it from. The average merchant will not supply such things.
Then I said:
Really? I've bought several such HEs, and my average merchant has no trouble sourcing them.
Then Water Systems said:
The average merchant can get them.
Make your mind up. :rolleyes:

How much did you pay as you buy them all the time?
Glossing over the fact that I've bought several, over many years, which doesn't constitute buying them "all the time", the price of the most recent one was precisely £81.39. However, I couldn't give a koala bear's nappy how much it cost since it was charged on to the client.

I have concluded you make things up.
I wish I'd made you up - even J.K. Rowling doesn't have that good an imagination.

I think you'll find it is called the Nu Heat energyMaster 2. The manufacturer makes no mention of it being designed to work at 60-65C.

Indeed, it needs a cold water blending valve to 'prevent scalding water'.

If fact, I cannot see anything unique about it. Other than a Nu Heat label stuck to the front.

So let's have the evidence, a Heat Store designed to run at 60-65C and an unvented designed to run in excess of 4bar. Still waiting.........

simond wrote

I think you'll find it is called the Nu Heat energyMaster 2.

What ever. :rolleyes:
I was speaking to them recently and they advise a maximum temp of 70C .

If fact, I cannot see anything unique about it

It has an immersed PHE. I would call that pretty unique. :rolleyes:

The manufacturer makes no mention of it being designed to work at 60-65C.

Can you use a telephone ?.

So let's have the evidence, a Heat Store designed to run at 60-65C and an unvented designed to run in excess of 4bar. Still waiting....

Like I said, I know a few european systems which run at relatively low temperatures and no probs. An installer in my area uses them and has good success with them.

If you google you might come across them. :rolleyes:
NOT.

Having a maximum of 70C does not mean being designed to work at 60-65C. So I don't see your point.

Most customers expect to get hot water, Nu Heat know that and so do I. If you can't get the grime off your dishes you have a dissatisfied customer, however much their boiler condenses.

I wouldn't call an immersed HE any significant improvement over other designs. Even an Albion has an immersed coil.

To be frank, I'm not interested in a debate with you. Water Systems (Dr Drivel) on the other hand is not stupid but he has lied. Let him carry on the debate he started. Let me talk to the organ grinder, not his monkey.

simond wrote

Having a maximum of 70C does not mean being designed to work at 60-65C. So I don't see your point.

Who says the cylinder has a maximum temperature of 70C. ?
Thats what nu heat advise. :!:
Many are set much higher but not needed.

Most customers expect to get hot water, Nu Heat know that and so do I.

Thats quite an observation. :rolleyes:

If you can't get the grime off your dishes you have a dissatisfied customer, however much their boiler condenses.

Well I agree with that. :)

I wouldn't call an immersed HE any significant improvement over other designs. Even an Albion has an immersed coil.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Best laugh Ive had in ages. Keep it up. :LOL: :LOL:

To be frank, I'm not interested in a debate with you. Water Systems (Dr Drivel) on the other hand is not stupid but he has lied. Let him carry on the debate he started. Let me talk to the organ grinder, not his monkey.

Tough sh@it .Your talking to me. :rolleyes:

simond said:
Water Systems (Dr Drivel) on the

Who is Water Systems?

other hand is not stupid but he has lied. Let him carry on the debate he started. Let me talk to the organ grinder, not his monkey.

Who has lied? Me or WS? I do not lie at all. I know you can't read, read data sheet, use a telephone, haven't clue about thermal storage and plate heat exchangers. Don't you have any shame?

Balenza said:
It has an immersed PHE. I would call that pretty unique. :rolleyes:

Yep, no heat loss from the plate at all. The Nu Heat store is also pressurised and stainless steel too - and no G3 ticket to fit either. Cor!

Balenza said:
Who says the cylinder has a maximum temperature of 70C. ?
Thats what nu heat advise you plonker.
Many are set much higher but not needed.

Many heat banks can be dropped to 65C in summer for sure as the mains water temp is higher. A store sized properly can easily operate at 65C all year round. Look at the Danfoss double pass plate heat exchangers. They extract so much heat it is astonishing.

Its not a case of how much heat the Danfoss HEs can extract. It's how much energy you have in the heat store for them to extract.

If the customer wants a significant flow rate and you have downgraded the heat bank to 65C it will lose temperature quickly and deliver low water temp HW. That's why you've mentioned a properly sized store - it would have be very large to have a chance of coping at this low temperature.

The Nu Heat unit has no automatic variable cold mix valve and no varispeed pump, so it has little chance of masking the side effects of a low water storage temperature that you advocate when significant flow rates are demanded of it. The cold mix will remain unchanged at the output.

This really is a suggestion built on sand. And I'm still waiting to hear about the 4 bar unvented system - and don't tell me I can make my own, I know that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back