Flow Rate Reqd for Thermal Store/Heat Store

esra_ptrap said:
Doctor Drivels posts remind me of another keen thermal store advocate who has been long time absent ... WaterSystems!

Could they be one and the same by chance :LOL:

Well spotted! ( Although that was noticed some while ago! )

You will see that Water Systems is now back on the Screwfix forum.

To Simon, WS as he is better know is not a hands on installer and he rather despises them as workers. He is an armchair engineer who only reads up the manufacturers brochures.

I have not seen his reply to my request yet for a manufacturer who advocates using a store temperature below 80°C.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony

There can't be that many armchair HS enthusiasts out there! He does sound like the Water Systems of old.

Since the fundamental point of a heat store is the energy stored within, and that is proportionate to the temperature of the matter (and quantity of it) I think you may be waiting awhile whilst DD traverses every heat store manufacturer on the interweb looking for justification of his claims.

I'm backing you....

Doctor Drivel wrote;

A pressurized thermals store can be DIYed. No G3 ticket is needed for these. Nu Heat do a stainless steel pressurised thermal store - only low pressure, not like the 4bar and above of unvented cylinders:
http://www.nu-heat.co.uk/s.nl/it.I/id.394/.f

Download the brochure.

Download the brochure please.

While you are scouring the internet recommending interesting sites - which we know nothing about ( :rolleyes: ), can you find a manufacturer of domestic UK unvented cylinders that run at 4bar and above?

gas4you said:
Doctor Drivel said:
The TVRs know the room temperatures. The boiler only heats a store of water controlled by stat(s) or an electronic board as is the Gledhill.

So wheres the boiler interlock then?, you missed that on google I take it!

If you can't understand something so simple get out of this business.

It doesn't. It acts on the curves, depending on outside temp and/or flow or return or both temp. The house can still get too hot, say solar gain to the south side.

Wrong again, the installer sets the curve, the room with solar gain will be controlled by the TRV in that room. A southerly room will not be affected by the outside temp sensor as it is never fitted on a southerly wall :rolleyes:

All depends if you have TRVs fitted :rolleyes:

You will have to, as they do. I have seen them operate as low as 60C and give 55C DHW temps.

I don't have to do anything. No customer of mine will ever have the misfortune of getting a thermal store fitted. I'll leave that to the cowboys who think they know what they are talking about.

You are a fool and should not be this this business. You are short changing the customers.

You obviously haven't a clus about Vaillant boilers or system controls other than as Simon says, looking up the info that is on their site.

Vaillant make boilers. Yer, boilers. And they have a weather compensator that can be added yer, how unique!

I am fortunate to have info that hasn't even been publicly released from Vaillant, so bring it on :rolleyes: (not that I would ever pass it on to someone who sounds incompetent :eek: )

Cor, you know that Vaillant make boilers with bought in heat exchangers and have weather compensators. That is cloak and dagger. ....and yet you haven't a clue about thermals storage.

Sponsored Links
simond said:
Doctor Drivel wrote;

A pressurized thermals store can be DIYed. No G3 ticket is needed for these. Nu Heat do a stainless steel pressurised thermal store - only low pressure, not like the 4bar and above of unvented cylinders:
http://www.nu-heat.co.uk/s.nl/it.I/id.394/.f

Download the brochure.

Download the brochure please.

While you are scouring the internet recommending interesting sites - which we know nothing about ( :rolleyes: ), can you find a manufacturer of domestic UK unvented cylinders that run at 4bar and above?

Do your own research. Lazy sod!!!

It is you who hasn't a clue about a boiler interlock :eek: As you obviously haven't been able to google it it is electrical isolation of the boiler by the room stat(s) and or cyl stat.

So your precious thermal store stat can't count and your mechanical TRV's cant do it either you thick ****.

You have summed yourself up without any of us having to say anything further by your mis-guided and uneducated replies to my statements.

You have still not answered the question though. You could have done if you knew the answer :eek:

If you only think Vaillant make boilers and weather compensators then again you have made yourself look ridicuosly stupid, you wind up ****** :rolleyes:

gas4you said:
It is you who hasn't a clue about a boiler interlock :eek: As you obviously haven't been able to google it it is electrical isolation of the boiler by the room stat(s) and or cyl stat.

You clearly can't understand how the system works and where the interlock is. Get out of the business.

So your precious thermal store stat can't count and your mechanical TRV's cant do it either you thick ****.

My, oh, my, he is upset.

If you only think Vaillant make boilers and weather compensators then again you have made yourself look ridicuosly stupid, you wind up **** :rolleyes:

You think you are a brain surgeon because you have fitted a few in. :)

Can't waste any more time on an uneducated arsehole like you who cannot understand the basic concepts of how a good ch system works efficiently.

I've got too many quotes to complete for ripping out the useless thermal stores that you think you know the theory about, and replacing with another un-vented cylinder made by a manufacturer who you think only makes boilers :rolleyes:

It is you who should be out of the industry, that is if you were ever in it, if you could find time to actually install the crap you have looked up on the internet.

Oh and Tony's still waiting for his reply that you haven't been able to google yet.

Your argument is full of more holes than a dartboard.

Stick to your day job at Chad Valley research centre.

gas4you said:
Can't waste any more time on an uneducated a******e like you who cannot understand the basic concepts of how a good ch system works efficiently.

It is clear you haven't a clue about thermal storage or how a basic control interlock works. He goes on....

I've got too many quotes to complete for ripping out the useless thermal stores that you think you know the theory about, and replacing with another un-vented cylinder made by a manufacturer who you think only makes boilers :rolleyes:

So you go on quotes...and on he goes......

It is you who should be out of the industry, that is if you were ever in it, if you could find time to actually install the rubbish you have looked up on the internet.

Rubbish, like Vaillant? Foreign muck!!!

Oh and Tony's still waiting for his reply that you haven't been able to google yet.

Your argument is full of more holes than a dartboard.

A pity you have made no holes in it....and on he goes again...

Stick to your day job at Chad Valley research centre.

Don't they make Speedfit?

Lets get some facts, Doctor Drivel, if we are to take you seriously.

1. You have stated that there are manufacturers advocating that their thermal stores are designed to run at 60-65C. Please let us know which ones?

2. You have also stated that unvented cylinders are available that run at 4bar and above; please let us know which ones?

The ball is in your court. If you can point us in the direction of the products you allude to, I for one will admit to having learnt something today.

simond wrote

1. You have stated that there are manufacturers advocating that their thermal stores are designed to run at 60-65C. Please let us know which ones?

I can give you a few but cant be ar@sed. :rolleyes:

I could wipe out world poverty but couldn't be ar@@ed.

Thanks for your valued contribution, it says so much about you.

You haven't made a statement. You have merely told us what you won't do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back