Flow Rate Reqd for Thermal Store/Heat Store

simond said:
Lets get some facts, Doctor Drivel, if we are to take you seriously.

1. You have stated that there are manufacturers advocating that their thermal stores are designed to run at 60-65C. Please let us know which ones?

I did not say that at all. I have tested them and they clearly do that. Next....

2. You have also stated that unvented cylinders are available that run at 4bar and above; please let us know which ones?

Do some research

The ball is in your court. If you can point us in the direction of the products you allude to, I for one will admit to having learnt something today.

You are the sort that will rarely learn. Sad but true.

Sponsored Links
simond said:
Tony

There can't be that many armchair HS enthusiasts out there! He does sound like the Water Systems of old.

Since the fundamental point of a heat store is the energy stored within, and that is proportionate to the temperature of the matter (and quantity of it)

..and the efficiency in which you extract that heat and the efficiency in which the heat is put into the store. Boy you really don't know, do you.

You think they are the fundamental points? Read my posts again.

Balenza said:
simond wrote

1. You have stated that there are manufacturers advocating that their thermal stores are designed to run at 60-65C. Please let us know which ones?

I can give you a few but cant be ar@sed. :rolleyes:

You can actually specify your own store to a maker. One in which the temp in the CH section is controlled by a weather compensator keeping temps right down for condensing efficiency and a great neutral point buffer too.

@ Water Systems - when everyone tells you to stop wasting everyone's time and that you should b*gger off, what exactly do you think they mean? :confused:

Sponsored Links
This time I can totally and unreservedly agree with Softus.

We have asked him to quote a store maker which advocates running their store at less than 80°C to make them compatible with condensing boilers.

As yet he has TOTALLY FAILED to substantiate his claims.

He is so confident he is right that he is frightened to even give us his name. To me he is a "Nobody".

One wonders why is he not a member of the IPHE or IDHEE.

The reality is that he is a "has-been", long retired from real work within the industry! His only connection now is reading data sheets!

Tony

Agile wrote

We have asked him to quote a store maker which advocates running their store at less than 80°C to make them compatible with condensing boilers.

As yet he has TOTALLY FAILED to substantiate his claims.

Why should he.?
Since when have you ever answered anyones questions when challenged ?.

He tells us that many store makers recommend operating at less than 80°C but he cannot give even one example.

I cannot find any either!

As thats contrary to my experience, unless he can give evidence to back up his claims I cannot believe what he has told us.

Tony

Agile wrote

He tells us that many store makers recommend operating at less than 80°C but he cannot give even one example.

He has given at least two in this thread.
Can you use a telephone ????. :rolleyes:
This image below might jog your memory. ;)

Telephonebox.gif

I know a few more which have not been mentioned in this thread. Mostly european systems though which are relatively unheard off in the UK.

Wow - what have I started? I'm glad I'm DIYing my setup, even if I am still confused about the pros and cons of the various systems.....! You pros have such strong opinions on kit - its either the dogs **** or its rubbish - no middle ground!

Calm down folks - life's too short (plus its all got a bit technical for a simple lad like me!)

baggy99 said:
'm planning on installing a thermal store/heat store and I understand I should have 20 litres/min incoming mains flow rate min, BUT what's the effect if my flow rate is lower?

I can't check it till the weekend. If it comes in at less than 20 l/m does this affect the function of the store, or is it just a bit dodgy for thermostatic showers (which I don't have)? All I am trying to acheive is improved hot pressure at the upstairs taps and more effciency for the boiler.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Have a look through this thread. A bit long winded at times but some good images. :D

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75050&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Balenza said:
baggy99 said:
'm planning on installing a thermal store/heat store and I understand I should have 20 litres/min incoming mains flow rate min, BUT what's the effect if my flow rate is lower?

I can't check it till the weekend. If it comes in at less than 20 l/m does this affect the function of the store, or is it just a bit dodgy for thermostatic showers (which I don't have)? All I am trying to acheive is improved hot pressure at the upstairs taps and more effciency for the boiler.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Have a look through this thread. A bit long winded at times but some good images. :D

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75050&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/QUOTE]

I wonder how much Fumb paid for the plate heat exchanger? And who He got it from. The average merchant will not supply such things.

Water Systems said:
I wonder how much Fumb paid for the plate heat exchanger? And who He got it from. The average merchant will not supply such things.
Really? I've bought several such HEs, and my average merchant has no trouble sourcing them.

You should do some research. You should stop ripping off customers and get of the business. Oh, and you should read words and understand them.

Softus said:
Water Systems said:
Really? I've bought several such HEs, and my average merchant has no trouble sourcing them.

The average merchant can get them. As most rarely order them they discourage orders. If they are Range or Gledhill dealer they will order for you. How much did you pay as you buy them all the time?

I have concluded you make things up.

If anybody is making things up here, shouldn't you be looking a bit closer to home?

NB: Still waiting for the unvented cylinder that is rated at 4bar and above, and the heatstore manufacturer producing a HS using 60-65C water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back