Flue outlet position on outside wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a terraced house. Two bedroom, one bathroom and small lounge/ diner . Very tight for space so a combi is in order. Going to use a fixed price company on internet as everyone is busy round here. Can the flue emerge onto the front Street where there is a pavement for public. Or does it just have to be fitted high up.
I know this company will tell me but they might add charges to bill if I don't give them good details prior to fitting.

Sponsored Links
The plume shouldn't cause a nuisance, and if it's lower than 2m or so it would need a guard cage, although the solution would be a special offset called a plume displacement to keep it out of the way.
PS I'm not a gas Safe.

Sponsored Links
Can the flue emerge onto the front Street where there is a pavement for public.

Ask the local council. They may not permit it, and consider the route for the condensate drain from the boiler.

a fixed price company on internet

Beware of inflated prices for the essential extras that are NOT included in the fixed price

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back