Flueless Gas Fires CO PPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the maximum PPM allowed for Carbon Monoxide coming directly from a flueless gas fire?

Is it 250ppm?

Sponsored Links
I don't have access.

This question is regarding my ACS.

Was looking for the answer in Manufacturer's Instructions for ages but could'nt find anything :(

Sponsored Links
If you answer 250ppm you will fail - what do you think the catylitic Converter is for?? :confused: :eek:

I don't have access.

This question is regarding my ACS.

Was looking for the answer in Manufacturer's Instructions for ages but could'nt find anything :(

any MI i have seen quote CO/CO2 ratio rather than CO ppm, however once you have had some combustion training you should be able to calculate the different values from each of the reading available as they are a direct result of calulated formulae and measured samples

It doesn't specifically ask for an explanation on the CO PPM, so I may just put, as the CO/CO2 ratio is under 0.001 (I think it came in at something like 0.0009) and flame picture is good, all is ok.

It sucks because I done 2 days training last week specifically for the ACS, but there wasn't time for the Gas Analyser training so we didn't do it. I then got thrown in and was told to carry out burner pressures and to analyse the flue gases.

I know they are not that hard to use, and I did manage to use it, but was a bit tricky especially with choosing the right probe and finding my way around the analyser.

Gonna scrutinize the MI's again in the morning....

Stressful times haha!

Send your details and details of your acs centre to admin and they may let you in the combustion chamber.

I have sent you mi's for a flueless fire

see page 13 & 14 section 13.4

Hope it helps

steve

Send your details and details of your acs centre to admin and they may let you in the combustion chamber.

I have sent you mi's for a flueless fire

see page 13 & 14 section 13.4

Hope it helps

steve

Hi Steve,

Just wondering where you sent the MIs?

Thanks!

Ps How did that boiler install you did in Oldham go ?
1324760171_hey_man_thats_not_cool_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Hey chaps, just an update, passed my ACS today, and done one module which was boilers, it's all my work pays for. (pointless taking any of it anyway because we don't do gas in our place)

Regarding the flueless gas fire, I just stated the CO/CO2 ratio was ok, but the burner pressure was only showing 3mb so that was a fault, and they passed me on it so happy days!

Thanks for everyone for the advice and Steve for sending the MIs :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back