FLUELESS PLASMA GAS FIRE THE PROS AND CONS ARE THEY SAFE ???

Flueless Gas Fires are sold all over the World in Countries like Japan and the USA.

you didn't put in a percentage i see as a lot of places in the states don't have gas

some have LPG i cringe when i see the tank installs

so shudder to think how the fires are fitted :eek:

Sponsored Links
here we go again!
No they are not dangerous. Where is the evidence that they are dangerous?
Of the millions installed in the UK since approval, There has been one tragic incident, which was down to an unqualified installer deciding to not do the job properly. (How many incidents with flued fires)
Up to 2008 the USA and Japan had installed 60,000,000 with exemplary safety records
Some European governments are giving tax breaks to people who install them
Why do some in this country hang on to urban myths, why so reticent to change?
If you have the time read this thread
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=208844

knock your self out mate , dont know why your complaining you got the whole market near enough to your self, I dont fit them because I dont trust the weasling lying manufacturers that sent out a defective fire and never really paid or owned up to it, like I said knock your self out.

knock your self out mate , dont know why your complaining you got the whole market near enough to your self, I dont fit them because I dont trust the weasling lying manufacturers that sent out a defective fire and never really paid or owned up to it, like I said knock your self out.

Fortunately in this business it is true, and quite rightly so, that :-

REMEMBER
last man on the job carry's the can

Sponsored Links
God, so much drivel over one subject. Valor had a campaign againsy "inset" fires when they first came out they are probably the market leaders now!

The only intelligent "anti" post I have seen is from the guy talking about nitrogen emmisions.

luckily for the manufacturer or they should have been facing corporate manslaughter charges in my opinion.

Well as snugib said here we go again , must admit in a post some time ago I became ever so slightly concerned with some of the comments concerning flue less fires , having installed a few myself ! However !!

however any claims that flu less fires are dangerous or un safe are not backed up by the facts , there has only been 1 recorded incident in the UK concerning a flu less fire , which resulted in a change to British Standards , there have been numerous incidents with flued appliances , more incidents with condensing boilers than flu less gas fires !

I believe the MD from Burley actually posted on this forum some while ago , they go through very stringent tests

Provided that the fire is installed as per the manufacturers instructions and serviced, then it should be as safe as any flued gas fire. How many of us have come to service a gas fire only to discover that the flue is blocked and does not draw, has a pepper pot cap on, has brickwork in such a poor state that the loft fills with smoke when tested...

If the customer fails regular servicing, then that is his problem... If you never serviced your van, would you be surprised if one day the brakes stopped working?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back