fluing through an old chimney

We regularly fit twin wall liners for condensers.... thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

This discussion was about concentric sectional flue kits, which is quite different.

Sponsored Links
I would send a flue through a chimney breast if required. dont see any problem with it.
Chrishutt has a good solution for extension joints, soil pipe :idea:
only like sleaving gas pipe through a wall is it not.

will put that in my tool box should event arise ;)

kevindgas said:
ok then explain how Halstead make a twin wall flue liner for their condensing boiler range

Perhaps I was not paying full attention as I was looking forward to the Indian meal and drinks to follow, but at the recent NW London Halstead evening, I thought they said the "up the chimney" flue was actually a twin flexible pipe system.

The slight downside was the cost was suggested to be about the same as the boiler itself but was nevertheless a solution to a difficult flueing problem.

Tony

Sponsored Links
correct me if i'm wrong why don't you !

the point i was making was it is a pipe in a flue - end of and i can't see how a vertical pipe is any different to a horizontal one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back