Up the chimney?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks.
My mums floor standing gas boiler is on it's last legs and desperately needs replacing. It's located against an inside, kitchen, wall and vents via it's own personal brick chimney.
On the face of it the simplest solution would be to simply replace this 40 year old relic with a modern floor standing equivalent venting up the same chimney but somehow I think someone will say....
NO YOU CANT DO THAT! :evil:

Your advice appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
How far away is the nearest external wall that a flue could be put through? And how close would that be to opening windows and doors?

How high is the chimney?

No advice from me, but this will be useful to know.

JohnD said:
How far away is the nearest external wall that a flue could be put through? And how close would that be to opening windows and doors?

How high is the chimney?

Hi John. :)
With regard to the chimney it's approx 25 feet. (Dorma Bungalow)

I guess your hinting at ducting to an outside wall from the current position? That isn't really practical due to the positioning of doors & windows, as you have alluded too.
If an outside wall flue exit is required then I would have to be relocation and a change to wall mounted jobbie.

Cheers.

The only hope you might have is a Keston which uses 50 mm plastic flue and air intake.

No professional would be likely to recommend a Keston as Ideal for any application though!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I dunno, they're ok in conservatories, they water the plants underneath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back