Fluke T5-600

Sponsored Links
I have a t5-1000 and wouldn't be without it, excellent piece of kit although not a direct replacement for a multi meter as I'm sure you know. In fact I've just bought a new multi meter as well.

A very good meter, you can't go wrong.

I currently have an old fluke which I prefer due to the probes not being sheathed. Not GS38 approved but I find them easier to use than the newer probes due to the fact that they are easier to insert into terminals. I'll be gutted if/when it gives up the ghost and I have to replace!

I've had a T5-1000 for about 10 years now. Brilliant tester. It gets used virtually every day and apart from a couple of sets of batteries it's given me no trouble ever.

A friend of mine had one that went wrong, and it would read about 100v on a 240v supply.

Sponsored Links
My T5-1000 has got 4mm tips, I've got a Steinel Combi Check which has 2mm tips, some no-identified-maker RS branded 2-pole tester with a LED stack like the Steinel with 15mm tips (and a warning in the blurb that it's not GS38 compliant) and a Martindale VI3700 which has fully retractable shrouded tips which are an utter PITA.

Basically something for everyone, so basically if you can't find what you want
Nothing that a pair of side cutters won't sort out... :)
plus 2 x 4mm inline plug & socket pairs.

Fluke have recently brought out new probes for the TS range, basically you twist them and the points expose more, so may be more suitable for electronics use.

My current QS has stated that he is not happy with me using the non GS38 approved leads on my existing meter, so he has told me that I will be acquiring a T5 600 shortly ;).

So hoping I can come to terms with what is still basically a very good meter. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back