Focus : Shuting down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Always bad news but Homebase and Focus trying to get into the the B & Q market is going to be a battle. Focus shuting though seems like a bit of a take over. They advertise big style their shuting down, a mate phones me saying go there for your loft flooring if your lucky and anything is left :D

Got there and its an untouched store with 20% off. At the normal rates Focus for once in their life is whithin a quid of the buiders merchants :LOL:

Anyone know the story who has bought it over

Sponsored Links
The receivers have already sold off various Focus stores to B&Q and Wickes amongst others. They are now in the process of closing down. Builders etc know this and will have already scoured the stores for bargains . Having said that, I do think Focus priced themselves out of the DIY market. Prices in their stores were always higher than elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
IF b&q and wickes have bought the stores, isn't it lock stock and barrel. so why is focus having a sale.

I'd guess that they've bought the premises, not the business. Therefore the receivers will still want to sell goods to minimise losses.

Sponsored Links
Back