Follow up to condensing Combi exemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Too many non-condensers are spot rated to list, anyway, to what end do you want to know?

The installer may well be a Vokera approved installer and they get 5 years on all Vokera boilers.

He is incorrect in comparing non and condensing boilers like for like, the efficiency tests are misleading, neither give real life efficiencies. Don't sweat it.

Condense in a fuelsaver above a non-condensing boiler and you'll have coindensation in a boiler not constructed to withstand the acidic condensate.

Forget your suppositions on SE and U ducts, you are wrong.

I know Dan, I doubt the accuracy of your assessment but he is right, you are ignorance of much. Politely you could describe it of innocence of much but who cares? You have a warm flat with a boiler you wanted.

I know Dan, I doubt the accuracy of your assessment but he is right, you are ignorance of much. Politely you could describe it of innocence of much but who cares? You have a warm flat with a boiler you wanted.
Do you mean you know this ass-hole, Dan? I am far from ignorant, you better believe me. At least I figured out how a condensing boiler can be exempt, few others could. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
NON-CONDENSING BOILERS DON'T CONDENSE IN THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER. THERE IS NO CONDENSATION FOR THE BOILER TO DISPOSE OF.
I assume you mean the copper heat exchangers. I neighbour a long time ago now, had the boiler thermostat on very low on his cast iron boiler for a few years and it had atmospheric burner. So much condensation entered the burner box the burner and the whole box had to be replaced. With a fan flue the condensation I suppose will be blown out through the flue terminal.

From the outset of our argument we have been talking about copper finned heat exchangers. I didn't think I needed to remind you again on every post, but then again perhaps I should have.

Do you mean you know this ass-hole, Dan? I am far from ignorant, you better believe me. At least I figured out how a condensing boiler can be exempt, few others could. :LOL:

Please enlighten us oh great one.

You figured out precisely squat.

From the outset of our argument we have been talking about copper finned heat exchangers. I didn't think I needed to remind you again on every post, but then again perhaps I should have.
It was easy to understand what you meant, just confirming as it sounded general. As I wrote any condensation forming would be whisked away in the fan stream.

Condense in a fuelsaver above a non-condensing boiler and you'll have coindensation in a boiler not constructed to withstand the acidic condensate.
They can be away from the boiler so condensate does not flow into the boiler.

There are reasons why you wouldn't but I'm off. You're not an idiot but why would anyone want to help you? Just a troll.

As I wrote any condensation forming would be whisked away in the fan stream.

It's taken all weekend but I'll try once more,

THERE IS NO CONDENSATION FORMED IN THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER OF A LOW WATER CONTENT, COPPER FINNED HEAT EXCHANGER AS FOUND IN TYPICAL SE COMBIS AND SYSTEM BOILERS.

The fan clears POC's and doesn't clear condensate even in a condensing boiler. Worcester and Vaillant once made BF models of combi without fans, they didn't condense either.

Not meaning to be rude but one could be forgiven for thinking you're being deliberately silly.

You're not an idiot but why would anyone want to help you? Just a troll.

OP - Could VC be correct? I'm usually quicker off the mark but the version of your story that makes more sense to me is that there is no flat, no installer, no Compact SE and the whole thing is a fabrication.

wonder if you will get a building regs compliance cert from gas safe?

There are reasons why you wouldn't but I'm off. You're not an idiot but why would anyone want to help you? Just a troll.
In other words you didn't know? This was a general conversation. To you it is a lecture. You do not like to be cornered. If you do not know just write that you do not and will find out instead of adopting an attitude.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back