Condensing boiler exemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Not even if you have the owners permission... The property may change hands and the new owner may not agree.. It falls foul of the regs and so could not be registered

Thank you Mr Hailsham for clarification. Thousands of these nuisance condensing boilers are being fitted unnecessarily because installers cannot understand the simple regs properly. .

Interesting...The fact that they have been possible to fit, suggests that they wouldn't have been exempt?
There are many blocks of flat around me and right through London and other cities. Looking ta the plethora of badly fitted condensation pipes and plume extension kits around me I would say 99% of them would have been exempted.

It is clear that most of the fellows here did not know the regulations and have been fitting these ugly plume extension pipes all over. I am sure they said to the freeholder who does not know, "has to be a condensing boiler guv", so they believe him. The odd freeholder, like mine is clued up and obviously knows what can be fitted in his block.

Sponsored Links
It's a shame that you can't have a gas boiler at all..That Gledhill electramate is waiting for you..

Not even if you have the owners permission... The property may change hands and the new owner may not agree..
At the time a flue is fitted and the freeholder agrees in writing then it stands. A new freeholder cannot reverse what had been legally done previously. He can change matters so that all future installations comply to what he wants, but he cannot change what has already legally been done. This is all quite fundamental.

Cue, denso13 to say "it can't be fitted". :LOL: :LOL:

Nope, the regs say you can't have the flue there...It matters not what is written in any agreement..

Not even if you have the owners permission... The property may change hands and the new owner may not agree.. It falls foul of the regs and so could not be registered

Are you saying you would refuse to register an install if the owner hinted he might sell up in a few years?

Would you quiz him on his exact plans? Is that actually part off your job?

Whether he hinted or not.... I have refused to fit boilers where they would discharge onto other peoples property.

Norcon, the OP wanted his install to be to the letter and so there is no way that he can have what he wants.

He'll have to keep warm by cuddling up to his inflatable girl friend

Whether he hinted or not.... I have refused to fit boilers where they would discharge onto other peoples property.

Norcon, the OP wanted his install to be to the letter and so there is no way that he can have what he wants.
The amateur Perry Mason's are rife. My combi discharges into the common landing right now with the consent of the landing's owner, the freeholder. If the freeholder sells, the future freeholder cannot make me remove the flue. It was fitted when the whole building was renovated with the flues of all the combis of all the other flats and is not a nuisance to other residents and neither are any other flues in the building.

Cue, denso13 to say "it can't be fitted". :LOL: :LOL:

Are you saying you would refuse to register an install if the owner hinted he might sell up in a few years?

Would you quiz him on his exact plans? Is that actually part off your job?
If I was the freeholder and some Gassafe man started to ask me what I was to do and if I was to sell in the future he would get a string of expletives directed towards him. It is not his business what I do as a freeholder.

Corgigrouch, will you please tell us where is says that you as a GasSafe fitter must interrogate freeholders?

if the common landing is not yours, then it is someone elses and so the flue cannot discharge onto it.

If I was to ask you who owned the landing (Which is a reasonable question) and you were rude, then the job wouldn't be done by me....
Would you be rude if a plumber was to ask you where the stop tap for the water was?

You wanted a legal way of fitting the boiler of your choice yet would become evasive and rude if an installer was to ask questions that would be asked to enable him to install your boiler in a legal way..

Keep blowing your hot air into inflatable Ingrid...

If I was the freeholder and some Gassafe man started to ask me what I was to do and if I was to sell in the future he would get a string of expletives directed towards him. It is not his business what I do as a freeholder.

But you're not the freeholder, why would your installer need to speak to your freeholder? I would be talking to you wouldn't I? Surly, if you wanted the installation to be to the letter, then you would give truthful answers to reasonable questions..

"then it is someone elses and so the flue cannot discharge onto it"

Even if that "someone else" has given permission?

Would you then seek him/her out and start quizzing when they plan to sell up and read them the regs?

He can give all the permission he likes written on gold toilet paper if it makes you happy, the property belongs to the freeholder and not to the occupant of the flat and so there is a boundary there... the landing does not belong to the occupant of the flat and so the flue cannot discharge across the boundary...

Why would I need to talk to the freeholder? If there is a boundary there then that I all I need to know.... If the occupant wished me to talk to the freeholder then he will be billed and it will make no difference..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back