following the tidy CU thread

T

thatbloke

looking at all those photos of 17th ed cu's and seeing how neat and tidy they all are made me think , does this look messy to you? its 16th ed i think , it says so on the box.

P120510_1124.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Edition dosn't matter. You should be able to easily trace cables without having to pull all cables out. PS I've seen worse.

Personally I would rather have ample spare cable to move things around with rather than have everything cut to exact length and cabletied in rigid formation.

Some labels on the individual circuit wires, and a piece of trunking above the CU, wouldn't go amiss though.

There is no such thing as a "17th edition CU", or a "16th edition CU" (or any 'edition' for that matter.)

Yours doesn't look all that bad (I'm not too keen on the exposed copper on the bottom of the link from the bussbar to the 30mA RCCB though). Is the R/H RCCB a 100mA type S?

Sponsored Links
I'm not too keen on the exposed copper on the bottom of the link from the bussbar to the 30mA RCCB though
The missing terminal shroud on that RCD isn't clever either - those terminals are probably easier to touch than the busbar.

I'm not too keen on the exposed copper on the bottom of the link from the bussbar to the 30mA RCCB though
The missing terminal shroud on that RCD isn't clever either - those terminals are probably easier to touch than the busbar.

Thats how those CU's are though - there is only a shroud over the actual mains incomer, not the split part.

Ye gods.

I assumed that the actual device would come with a shroud - you can even see the hole for the retaining screw...

Yea, it's the same device as used as the main switch in other CU's, and also as a standalone RCD in an small enclosure.

Bit out dated now - they have not produced them for some time.

I may be wrong, but the MCB's appear to the later version in an older CU.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back