Footing to drains

Is it acceptable to have a lintel across it with smaller inspection cover lid?
Just off-set the lid as best you can.
New build footing plan
Following from Ban-all-shed topic, if you look at my footing close highlighted in red to the inspection chamber, is this something I could do by putting a lintel over protecting the chamber or can I do away with the whole lot and put in a t-piece connection + pipe from the wc?

Sponsored Links
Got the reply from the water company and doesn't really tell me what I can do or what is the minimum distance from footing to the inspection chamber :confused:

Thank you for your email.

The drawing shows the foundations too close to the front manhole. We would suggest the layout is amended in order to achieve a greater clearance.

Any proposal to move the manhole over would actually constitute a diversion of the public sewer, and a formal application would be required for that, in accordance with Section 185 of the Water Industry Act 1991.

You would ultimately be required to enter into a legal Agreement with Anglian Water, which would be registered as a charge on the property.

Further information on diverting the public sewer is available at www.anglianwater.co.uk/developers.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back