For all those Ideal Isar haters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had today off as van went in for mot and service, so decided to service my own Isar, well for an 8 year old aluminium condenser it's looking pretty good, I replaced a few seals and the combustion chamber insulation as it was slightly misshapen, also took off DHW plate exchanger, flushed it and fitted new seals.

The boiler is 8.5 years old, in that time I have serviced it 4 times, fitted a new PCB and the bits mentioned above, it looks fine inside and out, I think thats pretty good compared to some boilers I have been to.

And no I don't work for Ideal.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Had today off as van went in for mot and service, so decided to service my own Isar, well for an 8 year old aluminium condenser it's looking pretty good, I replaced a few seals and the combustion chamber insulation as it was slightly misshapen, also took off DHW plate exchanger, flushed it and fitted new seals.

The boiler is 8.5 years old, in that time I have serviced it 4 times, fitted a new PCB and the bits mentioned above, it looks fine inside and out, I think thats pretty good compared to some boilers I have been to.

Nah you just got the friday boiler that the irishman worked on.

Bit like your car, never shows the niggles when the mechanic is in it, or maybe the wee boiler knows your a boiler fiddler and is too scared to play up?

every dog has its day, even me n the lads at ideal! new they'd be 1 that worked somewhere :LOL:

Nah you just got the friday boiler that the irishman worked on.

Bit like your car, never shows the niggles when the mechanic is in it, or maybe the wee boiler knows your a boiler fiddler and is too scared to play up?

Now that does make sense :LOL:

be fair gaz there has to be more than 1

2 possibly
rofl5.gif

Contact ideal and tell them! They will probably want that one back for R&D to work out how the **** they managed a good one!

If it lasts a few more years the boiler will a national treasure!

It's the 8th wonder of the world! Allelujah praise be the lord.

That is a good report but I wouldn't be happy with requiring a new pcb for any boiler which is only 8 years old.

Most boilers don't require a pcb in the first 15 years. Most which have had that didnb't actually require a pcb they suffered from the parts changers and people who take customers advice which is always "I~ think it needs a pcb!"

Most boilers need anything but a pcb.

Except yours is one of the very few boilers around which regularly needs a pcb.

personally I would be more than happy if a boiler had a pcb in 8 years !
Thankfully boiler manus are not involved in the manufacture of the electronics that are in our T'Vs , computers ect :) don't think I have ever had a telly serviced some of em are never switched off !

Yes, but I have been to boilers that haven't needed a PCB but needed other stuff, ie gas valve at 2 years old, diverter at 3 years old ect, there are other factors that need adding in as well, I needed a solenoid for a Worcester 350,
gas valve, you have to buy the whole soddin valve at £200.00, you cant just get a £20.00 solenoid it actually needs, I have been to a house where they had the pump on a 4 year old Valliant changed, (it was at Warmsures expense as they cover it) thats half the life of my Isar's which is a Wilo, and mines still going, as I have said before, all modern boilers are craapp, I think a lot is to do with how and who fits it, if Ideals after service is craapp, that is a different thing, but they came out to mine under warranty in the first 6 months twice to change the PCB with no problem.

Not sure how good they will be with Homeserve doing their cover, but I haven't needed them yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back