For Himmy

• Thread starter Deleted2797112
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
...but we are talking about the difference caused by multi-generational households.
I assume a difference requires some comparison...

unless we are comparing different multi-generational families.

I think either way Himmie is arguing a point well beyond the capability of available data.

I assume a difference requires some comparison...
unless we are comparing different multi-generational families.
We were initially comparing a society with a preponderance of single person households to a society with a preponderance of multi-generational households, given the same size of population in both cases.
Hypothetical scenarios purely for academic discussion.

I think either way Himmie is arguing a point well beyond the capability of available data.
I fully agree, there is no data to support the assumption that multi-generational families are more, or less likely to facilitate the spread of coronavirus.
But that doesn't mean that we can't apply logic, known behaviour, sound reasoning and probability to arrive at a better educated guess, rather than one arrived at through preconceived conjecture.

Sponsored Links
If the extended family are out and about there is no indication that they are from multi-generational households.
Indeed, multi-generational households do not need to go out to meet up, so the probability is that the people you are seeing are not from multi-generational households.
So a family day out means nothing to you? Shopping as a family doesn't happen in your world? Stopping at a cafe, or going together to the garden centre as a family never happened in your house? Blimey...

There's no indication they're NOT from multi-generation households. You are guessing completely, but only in a way to support your theories without seeing there are other possibilities, quite normal human behaviour possibilities.

But that doesn't mean that we can't apply logic, known behaviour, sound reasoning and probability to arrive at a better educated guess, rather than one arrived at through preconceived conjecture.
You're not applying logic or known behaviour to this but you are guessing.

You've stated that large families do not spread the virus, you made your mind up before you even put the thread up, to convince yourself you were correct over Vinty's comment.

I fully agree, there is no data to support the assumption that multi-generational families are more, or less likely to facilitate the spread of coronavirus.

There is. You just don't like it.

You haven't done any of these things.

There is. You just don't like it.
It isn't a question of not liking it.
I wouldn't like it, if my reasoning and logic had suggested that I was wrong. But I would be forced to understand and accept that logic.
But there is no data available to support whether my reasoning and logic is right or wrong, but at least I have proffered some.

You haven't done any of these things.
In your opinion.
Where has been the logic or reasoning to counter my argument, apart from a notion offered by a US Mayor, and an Australian professor without accompanying logic, data or even any supporting argument.
Like other passing references to the myth, it has been mentioned, as though it was a universal truth. It isn't and my logical, reasoned approach has, in my opinion, been sufficient to dispel the myth that multi-generational families facilitate the spread of coronavirus within the community.

If those who think I have not dispelled the myth, could not argue that I have seriously questioned it, and proved that it is not based on logic, reason, known behaviour or data. The myth is simply preconceived conjecture.

In a wider context, we ought to be careful to not make passing references to what might turn out to be a myth, as though they are a universal truth.

So a family day out means nothing to you? Shopping as a family doesn't happen in your world? Stopping at a cafe, or going together to the garden centre as a family never happened in your house? Blimey...
Not during a coronavirus pandemic, no, it doesn't happen in our house.
If it happens in other houses under those circumstances it is irresponsible behaviour, and the size of the family is irrelevant.

There's no indication they're NOT from multi-generation households.
I fully agree. Similarly, there is no indication that they are from multi-generational households. Therefore, to present them as proof that multi-generational families are the type of family on extended family outings is preconceived conjecture.

You've stated that large families do not spread the virus,
And I have invited comments to counter my logic, reasoned arguments, discussion of known and predictable behaviour, and probabilities.
Apart from the reference to a US mayor, and an Australian professor, who posited opinions unsupported by logic, data or even reasoned argument, there have been none.
Indeed the Australian article fully supported my argument.

Not during a coronavirus pandemic, no, it doesn't happen in our house.
If it happens in other houses under those circumstances it is irresponsible behaviour, and the size of the family is irrelevant.

I fully agree. Similarly, there is no indication that they are from multi-generational households. Therefore, to present them as proof that multi-generational families are the type of family on extended family outings is preconceived conjecture.

And I have invited comments to counter my logic, reasoned arguments, discussion of known and predictable behaviour, and probabilities.
Apart from the reference to a US mayor, and an Australian professor, who posited opinions unsupported by logic, data or even reasoned argument, there have been none.
Indeed the Australian article fully supported my argument.

I fear I am continuing to feed the troll but here goes:
Because your house doesn't go out for day trips doesn't mean that others don't. Life where I am is normal.

To counter your logic is a waste of time, as shown above in your response because you refuse to listen. Stop asking people to prove that you're wrong. Why not prove to us that you're right instead of do your normal thing? And that's to convince yourself you're correct when you actually may not be.

I know that hurts you, you do so hate to be wrong.

Because your house doesn't go out for day trips doesn't mean that others don't. Life where I am is normal.
Our house doesn't go out with or for extended family days out during a coronavirus pandemic.
Normal behaviour, during a coronavirus, may be acceptable to you, but it can be construed as irresponsible behaviour.
It is irresponsible behaviour that facilitates the spread of coronoavirus, not multi-generational families.

To counter your logic is a waste of time, ...
So you don't bother trying?
Fair enough, but don't complain when I explore the issue with logic, reasoning, observation of behaviour in society, and probability.

Our house doesn't go out with or for extended family days out during a coronavirus pandemic.
Normal behaviour, during a coronavirus, may be acceptable to you, but it can be construed as irresponsible behaviour.
It is irresponsible behaviour that facilitates the spread of coronoavirus, not multi-generational families.

So you don't bother trying?
Fair enough, but don't complain when I explore the issue with logic, reasoning, observation of behaviour in society, and probability.
I think you need to re-read.
Where did I say it was acceptable?

I've yet to see all your logic and reasoning - nor the observation. Maybe the French are better but in this country, no, it's life back to normal pretty much. Why can't you understand that?

I've yet to see all your logic and reasoning - nor the observation. ..
I fully understand why you must persist in your viewpoint.
For you to accept my argument, that multi-generational families do not facilitate the spread of coronavirus, based on logic, reasoned discussion, observation, known behaviour and intuition, would totally undermine your unswerving support for Vinty's prejudicial assumptions.
It makes your support, of Vinty's preconceived conjecture, appear counter-intuitive and almost maniacal.

I fully understand why you must persist in your viewpoint.
For you to accept my argument, that multi-generational families do not facilitate the spread of coronavirus, based on logic, reasoned discussion, observation, known behaviour and intuition, would totally undermine your unswerving support for Vinty's prejudicial assumptions.
It makes your support, of Vinty's preconceived conjecture, appear counter-intuitive and almost maniacal.
Your mind is very closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back