For richer, for poorer. How does the Budget affect you?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
£12 better off according to that, but once I buy the school stuff for the kids that the school used to provide, and pay for the private medical treatment that used to be available on the NHS, and pay for the CCTV that never used to be needed to keep a house safe in this area, I'll still be worse off!

What could you previously get on the NHS that you now have to go private for?

On the general topic in the news, I find it odd that certain papers are crying out that those who pay practically no income tax at all are not getting a reduction in their income tax. Pretty obvious why really.

What could you previously get on the NHS that you now have to go private for?

On the general topic in the news, I find it odd that certain papers are crying out that those who pay practically no income tax at all are not getting a reduction in their income tax. Pretty obvious why really.

There are many treatments that are not available on NHS now. Not going to share the details here, but will just say that there is a family history of a condition which relatives had treatment for on the NHS, but now it is not covered until it is so far advanced that you are practically disabled by it. OK, you still can get treated, eventually, if you don't mind waiting years in pain. Private is the only option now.

When I injured my back - NHS doc told me to take paracetamol, mentioned the magic word : full MRI within the week, revealing a slipped disc.

And f uck anyone else who couldn't afford the 'magic word'?
Rofl,,,,Ellal resorting to foul language now,,,,tut tut Ellal,,I thought you like to think you are a refined well educated fellow,Brexit getting to you?!,,spitting your dummy out.

herniated - adding pilates and bodybalance (a kind of yoga) 3 times a week to my gym routine has been the best treatment. As I understand it back injuries go something like this..

60% of people never realise they have a problem - just "sciatica" etc.
If it can be stretched and exercised out this is the best option
when that doesn't work you get steroid injections.
when that doesn't work its operation time.

And f uck anyone else who couldn't afford the 'magic word'?

There will of course be people who cannot afford ~£100 a month, but there will be a lot of people with sky tv, a smoking, drug, gambling, drinking, takeaway food, expensive phone, retailing etc.. habit who claim they can't when they probably can.

I pay 5 times more in tax than the avg. tax payer so I'm hardly telling them to FU. The vast majority of people have the opportunity to make a success of their lives. There will be very few who can't. To those who can't be ar**ed - yep I'm happy to tell them what to do.

Last edited:
£50 worse off.

And surgery for herniated disc only worked on my lower back , neck still fuked.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back