For the sparks who think 2 way lighting is complex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
welcome to my world, and we all love pictures

This is a PLC which has suffered from continous modifications (not by me) i used to be able to fit the trunking lids a few years ago!

under the spagetti there are relays terminals etc etc

and the drawings are not accurate anymore either.....

Sponsored Links
it is horrible when the place breaks down you cause more faults trying to fix one..... i do delight in ringing the man responsible for must of the carnage(at odd times of day) and asking for the diagrams...

his responce, its hardly modified the drawing are current :confused:

Why has it been modded to that extent, the whole idea of a PLC is changes can be made via the software.
Unless of course new IO is required.

Sponsored Links
In any case standard is to wire from the IO cards down to terminals, so that any chnges to IO allocation can be done at the terminals.

Out of interest, What process is this controlling, it is one heck of a lot of IO?

Martin

the plant control has been extensively modified so additional I/O was required, theres another rack in the same state in the next panel, i priced to replace the enclosure etc when the I/O had to be increased. but didnt get the job!

That's a tiddler! Some of the PLCs I'm used to fill a room.
None of them in a mess like that though.

That's a lot of I/O then! This one has a few remote I/O stations too.
It's only on a batching plant so it isn't massively complex it's just a mess

just out of intrest what industry do you work in

That is just sheer ridiculous and lazy!
Whoever did it should be shot.

Imagine opening your leccy cupboard and finding something akin to that!
Strewth!

Glad we used ASii only 8 in/outs per unit and so easy to add another until 32 limit reached.

Our presses were always being altered but batching plant stayed reasonable static.

I see quite a lot of this, to be fair to the guy(s) working on these systems quite often the add ons are done a) in a hurry b) on a tight budget usually both

One place I go the owner often wants a machine to perform new functions now as he has an order to fill, so out comes the box of used relays.

lol, the only thing missing from that cabinet is a few empty plastic coffee cups and a thick layer of dust.

Have had many happy days looking at stuff like that, with no drawings, missing idents, irate production directors constantly asking when it'll be working (a lot faster if you just f'd off and stopped asking stupid questions, matey!)

heres how i like panels to looks, ooohhh, shiny :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back