Forced hand

O

oompah

Its just been announced that the german government will gaurantee 100% of peoples savings.Following on from Ireands commitment to do the same does dithering Brown and Darling have any option to do the same for us?

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if any government's guarantee holds much gumption, remember america at the turn of the last century with their promise to pay the bearer on their dollar bills, they basically seized all the gold deposited and left people all over the states with wads od useless bits of paper. happened before can happen again, be warned!

Personally I want my rights to be paid in cash re-installed and i'll take my chances with what I do with it.

I know I can withdraw all my wages as soon as i'm paid but its not always possible or convienient to do so and i just dont want to have to carry around bits of plastic and have to worry about being scammed if i go to a hole in the wall.

Besides why all this propping up of banks and guarantees over personal accounts and nothing being done about protecting pension funds??

Sponsored Links
i heard on one political programme last week that the various banks assets in ireland are larger than what the government has so its a bit meaningless

i heard on one political programme last week that the various banks assets in ireland are larger than what the government has so its a bit meaningless

dont work like that cos they wont all go pop.
so if one or two go down thay would be able to cover it.

oompah
dithering brown :rolleyes:
i suppose you can sort out the worlds problems. i suppose you foresaw all this and can know whats gonna happen tomorrow.

its attitudes like yours that get countries in the ****. :rolleyes:

tim west";p="1020352 said:
I'm not sure if any government's guarantee holds much gumption, remember america at the turn of the last century with their promise to pay the bearer on their dollar bills, they basically seized all the gold deposited and left people all over the states with wads od useless bits of paper. happened before can happen again, be warned!

Same thing happened in many countries when the government said we just want a count on firearms please register them and like Nazi's Germany they confiscated the firearms from the Jewish population and the rest is called Holocaust ...

History always repeats itself as people forget and say "it cannot happen ere"

Dear Forum Members

I know I'm far from being the cleverest person in the world, but I know I'm also not the most stupid.

And yet, The Financial Crisis is leaving me very confused, so it would be just spiffing if anyone who believes they understand it could explain what's going on.

It's not as though I haven't tried - I listen to the news; I read newspaper articles; I even asked someone at my bank. They must be using meaningful words, but all I can see and hear is panic...bla bla.....unsafe...bla bla.....money markets...bla bla.....trust...bla bla.....collapse...bla bla.....devalued...bla bla.....bail out...bla bla.....

I remember asking joe-90, some years ago, where all the money comes from when house prices magically rise at a rate beyond inflation. Now I'm wondering: where is all the money going to?

Yours
Utterly baffled of Basingstoke

I am uttererly pished off with this constant shyte on every single news bulletin and in every paper.

All those tw@ts running around the trading floor in an excited frenzy can rot on the dole for all I care, and perhaps may be able to get a proper job instead of leeching their way through life.

I think we need Israel to hurry up and bomb the Iranians, and then we could have something interesting to talk about

I am uttererly pished off with this constant shyte on every single news bulletin and in every paper.

All those tw@ts running around the trading floor in an excited frenzy can rot on the dole for all I care, and perhaps may be able to get a proper job instead of leeching their way through life.

I think we need Israel to hurry up and bomb the Iranians, and then we could have something interesting to talk about

:cool: :)

I am uttererly pished off with this constant shyte

Ever thought about a career in politics.....Foreign Office perhaps.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

dont work like that cos they wont all go pop.
so if one or two go down thay would be able to cover it.

oompah
dithering brown :rolleyes:
i suppose you can sort out the worlds problems. i suppose you foresaw all this and can know whats gonna happen tomorrow.

its attitudes like yours that get countries in the s**t. :rolleyes:
And what attitude would that be,all i have done is made an observation and written it down on a internet forum and you can make a judgement on my attitude mmmm!.I must have forced Browns hand because they (FSA, Chancellor,Brown,Governer of BOE )are having a emerergy meeting @17.00 hrs

not caused by the germans oompah...

mmmmm

an auld git with an opinion presented like fact when the only fact is that you dont know what you are talking about and that you and your crystal ball will have to look for new work..

i heard branson say the govt were doing well in all this..
i think he knows better than you!! :rolleyes:

amazing how a keyboard turns everyone into an economist.. pah

Sponsored Links
Back