Ford 2.2/3.2 Oil Pump PN

S

SammyInnit

I'm looking for a genuine ford part number for a replacement oil pump for the 3.2 diesel. I believe it's the same pump used on the 2.2 transit engine that was recalled after 2012.

From what I can tell the later replacement uses some sort of geared inlet that helps with priming issues?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Found it, 1839456.

That website is actually pretty decent. Cheers for that.

However I'm not sure if this PN includes earlier issues or will now be a later updated model regardless.

A nice, easy replacement - if its a FWD vehicle, a swine if its RWD :eek:
The sump pan bolts are prone to snapping......don't ask how I know! :eek: :(
Once the oil pump bolts are out, the pump drops and swings forwards so you can disconnect the chain.
If the pump is really bad, the oil light flickers - a sign of impending doom.
John :)

Sponsored Links
It's a 4x4 so the front drive to the transfer box would have to come out I believe.

It's only covered 31k but I've read plenty of accounts online of this pump either failing to prime correctly after a service or the drive bearing failing and inevitably causing complete engine failure.

I've been told that after 2016 the pump impeller was redesigned. Mine is a 2014 (03/14) so I'd imagine I've got the old style.

I'm told it's more of a common problem on the 2.2 but in my mind if it's the same pump it's the same problem. So I'm considering having it replaced now before something catastrophic does happen.

I can't comment on the 4x4 I'm afraid - or the priming issues the pump has. I do know that the oil pressure fails with this pump and for sure I'd have it done.....I would have thought it would be on the recall list somewhere.
John :)

Well I've emailed ford asking them but still waiting for a reply but there's nothing on etis about it being recalled.

Anyone fitted a pump from the EURO 4 2.2 on the EURO 5 2.2/3.2? I've seen the older pump (never heard of any issues with that) is listed as compatible but I'm not sure.

Sponsored Links
Back