Ford Mondeo

it can be an expensive job for a recharge especially if you get a main dealer to do it.
twit fit used to do a deal where something like if they couldnt get it lower by 5 degrees then you didnt pay.THING to make sure is that they extract and weigh whats in it AND put the correct amount in.

Sponsored Links
Ohh Bolux! It would appear PP has got it right this time.

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/adding-2-stroke-oil-to-diesel-tank-read-this_topic37935.html

I quickly Googled " stroke oil in diesel, it would appear there are many advantages, better fuel consumption, more power and cleaner burning the main ones, he doesn't always get it right, but I take my hat off to him this time.

Thank you very much Mr PP.

Normal service will resume tomorrow and I'll take the P out of him again... :LOL: :LOL:

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/adding-2-stroke-oil-to-diesel-tank-read-this_topic37935.html

I quickly Googled " stroke oil in diesel, it would appear there are many advantages, better fuel consumption, more power and cleaner burning the main ones, he doesn't always get it right, but I take my hat off to him this time.

Thank you very much Mr PP.

Normal service will resume tomorrow and I'll take the P out of him again... :LOL: :LOL:

Thought everyone knew that to be honest, i've added it to mine for last 2 years. It gives better lubrication because our friends in Europe want less or no sulphur in diesel anymore.

Wont make much difference though really for the common rail injection system, at least no proof that it does long term. But it certainly wont do it any harm.

Running your car on BP Ultimate or similar will do the engine wonders too, higher octane rating.

Oh No He Hasn't

I quickly Googled " ...........

And that's your problem...

You haven't told us the most important thing i.e. what the car computer thinks is going on. Have you got any fault codes?

Sponsored Links
OK PP. You've given some excellent advice both on here and on the thread about patio cleaners.

Now my problem.

My AC has packed up (2003 Skoda Fabia 1.9 Tdi). Is there a quick and cheap way to fix it?

Please don't tell me to scrap the car (because it's a Skoda). In all other respects it's brilliant.

Does the 'ECO' light stay on when you try to switch on aircon ?.

Tell me a few symptoms--and I will probably know what it is and be glad to help you .

ps--I have a Audi 1.9 tdi .

Thanks PP.

I don't have an 'ECO' light, or at least I'm not aware of one. The 'AC' light on the button does light up, but the air coming out of the vents is no cooler than when it's switched off.

It worked OK last summer and I haven't used it since until recently.

I have heard that AC units sometimes need 'charging up' (I think), but I gather it's an expensive job. I'm hoping it might be something else.

Usually the problem is the 'pressure switch on the 1.9 TDI.
A fault code reader would show it up in 2 minutes . That is what I would check first.
The very best advice I could offer--is to join the vwaudi forum where the help available is excellent and free. www.vwaudiforum.co.uk
I have saved loads of money over the years from advice and help on there .
Also- there will be a member in your area who will have a fault code reader , and he will be able to help--no problem .
Also- like another member on here said - dealers are expensive for a re-gas - but lots of places do it for less than £40 . I think kwik dip is similar price. But- you may not need a re gas --so get your codes read first .
If it is the pressure switch they cost about £40 ish from mail dealers and are fitted easily in 5 minutes .
Lots of threads on air con faults on the forum . It is a very common fault .

You can get the fault codes off a 2002 mondeo without a reader. But very worth while getting a F Super reader off ebay.

You cannot reprogram your injectors on a 2002 mondeo with ebay kit and a laptop but apart from that pretty essential if you want to work on a high mileage mondeo

OK PP. You've given some excellent advice both on here and on the thread about patio cleaners.

Now my problem.

My AC has packed up (2003 Skoda Fabia 1.9 Tdi). Is there a quick and cheap way to fix it?

Please don't tell me to scrap the car (because it's a Skoda). In all other respects it's brilliant.

Does the 'ECO' light stay on when you try to switch on aircon ?.

Tell me a few symptoms--and I will probably know what it is and be glad to help you .

ps--I have a Audi 1.9 tdi .

Thanks PP.

I don't have an 'ECO' light, or at least I'm not aware of one. The 'AC' light on the button does light up, but the air coming out of the vents is no cooler than when it's switched off.

It worked OK last summer and I haven't used it since until recently.

I have heard that AC units sometimes need 'charging up' (I think), but I gather it's an expensive job. I'm hoping it might be something else.

Usually the problem is the 'pressure switch on the 1.9 TDI.
A fault code reader would show it up in 2 minutes . That is what I would check first.
The very best advice I could offer--is to join the vwaudi forum where the help available is excellent and free. www.vwaudiforum.co.uk
I have saved loads of money over the years from advice and help on there .
Also- there will be a member in your area who will have a fault code reader , and he will be able to help--no problem .
Also- like another member on here said - dealers are expensive for a re-gas - but lots of places do it for less than £40 . I think kwik dip is similar price. But- you may not need a re gas --so get your codes read first .
If it is the pressure switch they cost about £40 ish from mail dealers and are fitted easily in 5 minutes .
Lots of threads on air con faults on the forum . It is a very common fault .

Thanks again, PP. I'll follow that up.

From what I've read about using 2-stroke, it seems it's the bloody EU again making things as difficult as they can for us. If the diesel producers are not allowed to include the additives they used to, how come we are allowed to add our own? Typical bureaucrats ticking their boxes.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was illegal to add your own stuff. There are also health benefits from removing additives eg lead, sulphur. It's not all bad and I really doubt whether adding 2 stroke gives any real benefit to modern cars, far more likely to stuff them up than improve them.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was illegal to add your own stuff. There are also health benefits from removing additives eg lead, sulphur. It's not all bad and I really doubt whether adding 2 stroke gives any real benefit to modern cars, far more likely to stuff them up than improve them.

Read my link at the top of the page or Google; adding 2stroke oil to diesel engines.

Now my problem.

Just a 'Afterthought'-- regarding a re-gas -- . There are DIY re-gas kits to be bought on ebay --benefit is- YOu 'KNOW'-- that the new gas has been put in--if you DIY. Really easy to do. Even a plumber 'could' be capable of doing it :LOL:

EZCHILL IS THE BEST .
I just had a look --and decided to buy one for my 'partners' ikkle Pug206(which has not had a regas for last 8 years
£42 . free delivery .
One kit will do 2 vehicles . Includes pressure guage as well.

Every so often our Mondeo dog carrier has started making an odd sound when we start the engine, it sounds almost like its going backwards or a couple of spark plugs are knacked but its a 2002 diesel with 120k on the clock, the duo mass flywheel was replaced last year, if it does play up we simply switch off and restart and it runs fine, we have not been feeding it petrol before you ask :LOL: :LOL: I understand that the fuel pump can go wrong on these engines, has anyone had similar problems? Is it time for Mrs Pred to get a new dog carrier?

Often when the engine doesn't seem to turn over properly sometimes even like a flat battery, it can be due to the crank sensor, engine is attempting to fire at the wrong time

I must say, this looks quite easy, PP. The web sites also include a YouTube video and a means of determining the location of the nozzle for all models of car, which are very helpful.

My first port of call will be a local garage mechanic who I trust, but I'll wait and see what he charges. If very expensive, I'll DIY.

Of course, it may be something other than the refrigerant pressure.

I must say, this looks quite easy, PP. The web sites also include a YouTube video and a means of determining the location of the nozzle for all models of car, which are very helpful.

My first port of call will be a local garage mechanic who I trust, but I'll wait and see what he charges. If very expensive, I'll DIY.

Of course, it may be something other than the refrigerant pressure.

Hey! Are you pinching "My Topic" this was about me and Mrs Preds Ford Mondeo Dog Carrier!!

Go and start your own topic!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back