Forecourt Starter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a car a couple of years ago from a main dealer, when I got it home I found a portable jump starter in the back which they had left in by accident. I phoned them to tell them I have it and said if I was in the area again I would bring it back - haven't been near since though.

Anyway, now I can suppose it's mine. I've used it a couple of times but it's gone flat now, is there any way I can charge it up? It's really handy when the wife leaves the lights on all night!

Sponsored Links
Yes, there is usually a mains lead inside, or a socket on the side for charging. If you give then a ring, they probably still have the mains charging lead?

Failing that have a wee look on E-Bay for the same model to see how its charged and what the lead looks like

Thanks Mursal,

There is a socket for the adapter but they didn't leave that in the car unfortunately and I doubt they'd send it to even if they still had it. Ebay's a good idea though.

I was wondering if I could charge it up from the car battery, like a reverse jump, or from a normal battery charger, I think I have one of those somewhere.

Sponsored Links
I think there's a good chance that the internal battery could be well goosed by now, if its been left in a discharged state....it could be worth exhuming it from the case and attempting to charge it with a conventional charger before splashing out the dosh.
John :)

Back