Foreign company investing in UK

Sponsored Links
Mottie

Did you feel at all misled?

Did you understand how Brexit was going to be achieved?

What do you think about the lies like the big red bus and the "oven-ready deal"?

Sponsored Links
Mottie

What do you think about the lies like the big red bus and the "oven-ready deal"?
A bit like remain saying everyone would be £4300 worse off per year

No. I voted for my own reasons.
No. In the same way I don’t understand how some general election pledges will be achieved.
Just general electioneering bullshît promises. I see that at every election. Labour are no different: https://www.bigissue.com/news/polit...promises-tuition-fees-nationalisation-u-turn/

And multi millions spent on enticing foreign companies to rob the public purse...

There you go again, spouting off about that thing called business that you clearly don’t understand. ALL countries spend millions enticing foreign countries to do the same with their public purses, it’s just that the so-called 'sick man of Europe' as you constantly refer to the country you chose to live in was in a position to offer a better incentive than any of our European 'friends' to attract an Indian country to set up over here. I have no doubt that if one of them had offered more than us and won the business, you would be beside yourself with joy at the bad news and putting up your little Linky Linky buttons quicker than a failed emigrant care home worker with a Mickey Mouse university degree can lament the demise of the Erasmus programme in any conversation. Unlucky!

Last edited:
7 years and a world wide shutting down of economies and still not even in the slightest true . Remember we were going to need an emergency budget and the economy would collapse straight after the vote . Oh yep that never happened either

The problem with the Brexit vote, is it was a binary question to complex problem. The EU was far from perfect and a hard Brexit was full of problems. Unfortunately, people become intrenched. I was genuinely on the fence and only marginally thought leave could be better.

In an ideal world the EU needed to be taken back to its core and slimmed down, to route out the corruption. But that was not on offer.

In an ideal world the EU needed to be taken back to its core and slimmed down, to route out the corruption. But that was not on offer.
Not a shot fired in anger and 'marched' across europe hoovering countries up. The coup of our times

big-all

It does tend to end in insults, but it needn't.
The voting did seem to me to be age-skewed.
The following is only based on people I know (family and friends of family) that have told me how they voted.

All the people I know that are younger than me (b. 1966) are pro-Europe. Bar one under 40 who voted leave.

The people of my generation are also pro-EU.

Then from the late 60s to early 70s (age, not year), things start to get a bit mixed, but there are more EU supporters.

From mid-70s to mid-80s, there are more pro-leavers, but still a majority that wanted to stay in.

Even my parents were split: Dad voted to stay in and Mum was swayed by the big red bus and voted to leave.

The person responsible for deciding there would be a referendum jumped ship, which did not help matters. Then the vote, in my opinion, was poorly administered.

But the great British public were not free of blame.
Some were very complacent: I know of at least three young people who complained bitterly of the outcome when the results were first broadcast, who then subsequently admitted they did not vote!
"Do they believe in the capital punishment?" and "Do you watch Mrs Brown's Boys?" are the two best indicators of voting for brexit.

If yes to either, then they likely voted leave.

Sponsored Links
Back