Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
9000 Jobs for the somerset area.
Must pish off all the whoa is me moaners in here

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Just a shame it wasn't a UK company that got to open a battery factory...

And multi millions spent on enticing foreign companies to rob the public purse...

So much for them 'brexit benefits' when the profits go overseas!

Just a shame it wasn't a UK company that got to open a battery factory...

And multi millions spent on enticing foreign companies to rob the public purse...

So much for them 'brexit benefits' when the profits go overseas!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

its a shame really until people act like adults when discussing any subject its fairly pointless getting involved
using "gushing words " from either side is so pointless as they mean nothing ----

are there so few sensible reasonable people now that any communication is pointless or can we rise above this and have a conversation worth at least the ability off a 15 year old or iff that causes problems then a 12 year old :unsure::LOL:

Bribes Incentives are a good way to spend all those billions we saved, leaving the EU - except that it has cost us billions since leaving. (n)

We've got until 2024 at least...."So-called rules of origin contained in the Brexit trading arrangements state that 45% of the value of an EV should originate in the EU or UK from 2024 to evade the charge.

There have been early talks between EU and UK officials on potentially extending the 2024 deadline to help both sides...."

The south west needs investment desperately. Let's hope the factory can survive beyond 2024. Fingers crossed eh.

Last edited:
big-all

It does tend to end in insults, but it needn't.
The voting did seem to me to be age-skewed.
The following is only based on people I know (family and friends of family) that have told me how they voted.

All the people I know that are younger than me (b. 1966) are pro-Europe. Bar one under 40 who voted leave.

The people of my generation are also pro-EU.

Then from the late 60s to early 70s (age, not year), things start to get a bit mixed, but there are more EU supporters.

From mid-70s to mid-80s, there are more pro-leavers, but still a majority that wanted to stay in.

Even my parents were split: Dad voted to stay in and Mum was swayed by the big red bus and voted to leave.

The person responsible for deciding there would be a referendum jumped ship, which did not help matters. Then the vote, in my opinion, was poorly administered.

But the great British public were not free of blame.
Some were very complacent: I know of at least three young people who complained bitterly of the outcome when the results were first broadcast, who then subsequently admitted they did not vote!

I do feel though that everyone was misled. The leavers did not know what form Brexit would take and there were attempts to swing remainers or "don't knows" with outright lies by a PM who previously was pro-EU and had admitted prior that leaving would be a disaster, but who then decided he wanted to capture the popular vote and be the people's hero. A modern-day Churchill he was not.

Some have suggested I am naive, but I believe attempts to sway a vote by lying to the voter should not be allowed. Others have told me "Don't be stupid, that's how all politics and voting works- all politicians lie!"

So now we are here.

Brexit has been a messy affair, far from the "oven-ready" deal promised (another blatant lie).

I personally cannot see any Brexit benefits. Some have claimed Brexit benefits, but I think these would have happened regardless.

But there have been a few reports over the years since, showing "Bregret". The latest is below:

Why people turn to polls to substantiate their position is beyond me. First of all has anybody or know of anybody whose taken part in a you guv poll and secondly look how spectacularly wrong their poll was on the referendum.

These brexit benefits are coming thick and fast.
You know Jaguar/Land Rover are owned by Tata Motors - an Indian company, right?
How big a tax break will they enjoy for this investment?
Brexit bonuses flooding out of the country into foreign pockets more like.

Brexit bonuses flooding out of the country into foreign pockets more like.
Are they employing foreign workers in the U.K. and supporting foreign owned ancillary businesses that are going to benefit from it?

I do feel though that everyone was misled. The leavers did not know what form Brexit would take and there were attempts to swing remainers or "don't knows" with outright lies
Yeah, it should have been like a normal general election where each side tells us exactly what they would do if voted in and then does exactly what they promised they would do when they are voted in. Oh, wait…….

Sponsored Links
Back