UK Inward Investment Diverted to France Again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As EU members, the UK was a prime target for foreign investment, and the UK attracted the most companies for almost two decades. But, for the last two years, France has overtaken us as the main destination of choice. This may well be because they represent a powerful voice to lobby in the EU and our influence has fallen to nothing

Sponsored Links
Could there be back handers and envelopes stuffed with cash on the agenda :idea:l:?:

after all it is *****e:idea:

Sponsored Links
"Phil who likes to talk about politics" is quite good. Obviously a raving lefty, but his videos are interesting.

On a serious point, I'm surprised anyone would want to do business with The UK when Blojo is trying to back out of a number of agreements the government made with The UK, particularly regards NI. It's quite unedifying seeing this person who likes to think of himself as some kind of statesman welching on deals whenever they are inconvenient, probably because Frost didn't understand what they were areeing to. But then what would you expect from someone who apprears to have a very loose relationship with the truth. Buffoon is an embarrasment to this country. To think many voted Brexit because they didn't trust EU politicians. Then we end up with the biggest bunch of shysters running this country.

Last edited:
This may well be because they represent a powerful voice to lobby in the EU and our influence has fallen to nothing
Or it may well be that theres no more state-owned businesses left to be sold off cheap to French, German, etc state-owned businesses. All of whom thought we were barking mad and could not believe their luck

Could there be back handers and envelopes stuffed with cash on the agenda :idea:l:?:

after all it is *****e:idea:
Well done, you know where France is, yes it's in Europe! Along with Austria. As for Austrian currency, they've gone through several types, each one becoming worthless, and eventually, along with France, settled on the Euro.

"Phil who likes to talk about politics" is quite good. Obviously a raving lefty, but his videos are interesting.

On a serious point, I'm surprised anyone would want to do business with The UK when Blojo is trying to back out of a number of agreements the government made with The UK, particularly regards NI. It's quite unedifying seeing this person who likes to think of himself as some kind of statesman welching on deals whenever they are inconvenient, probably because Frost didn't understand what they were areeing to. But then what would you expect from someone who apprears to have a very loose relationship with the truth. Buffoon is an embarrasment to this country. To think many voted Brexit because they didn't trust EU politicians. Then we end up with the biggest bunch of shysters running this country.
So Frost can't understand the problem with sausages into NI.
It's got to be the wurst decision BJ ever made, so ham-fisted.
And NI has only had 6 months to find an alternative supplier or an acceptable process.
Typical BoJo, do as little as possible, and as slow as possible, and hope the problem will go away.

Phil Moorhouse did Astrophysics at uni and teaches engineering -until he started being a Vlogger.
He is a leftie, but is pragmatic -he is not a Corbyn fan.

It's got to be the wurst decision BJ ever made, so ham-fisted.
And NI has only had 6 months to find an alternative supplier or an acceptable process.
Typical BoJo, do as little as possible, and as slow as possible, and hope the problem will go away.

Whats your perception of Macron -is he as unpopular to the French people as UK media infer?

Whats your perception of Macron -is he as unpopular to the French people as UK media infer?
Politics doesn't get the same amount of gossip time among French people, and they respect each others opinions, so there's no falling out over it.
For sure there's the occasional strike, protest etc, but it's invariably a very minute part of French society that participates, and the one's I've seen, or passed through or by are good natured.
People just vote as they wish, no big deal.
It's mainly ex-pats that like to argue over politics, UK and French politics.
It's only on the lead up to national elections that any notices, leaflets etc appear. And they're quickly removed afterwards.
Local elections come and go without hardly a whimper.
That's round here, anyways. No doubt in Paris it might be different.

As for Austrian currency, they've gone through several types, each one becoming worthless.
An interesting claim.

When I visited Austria in 1966 there were about 80 Schillings to the Pound (the reason I remember that is because it was pre-decimal days, so a price comparison of dividing Austrian Schillings by 4 to get English shillings was quick and easy, and I did a lot of it).

By the time it was replaced by the Euro there were about 19 Schillings to the Pound.

So if it was on a trajectory to becoming worthless, WT* was the £ doing? :eek:

or how popular is Le Penn in France ;)

macrin is worried :idea: blimey an ultra far right party on the verge of taking over in France :eek:

mind u I suppose the place is full of RWR's in the closet :idea:

lucky my neighbour does not still keep pigeons , none would ever get back to the UK

We sent a boy to do a mans job. Actually, we sent a series of them. Frost is just the latest not-fit-for-purpose one.

When all the Brexiteers cry about unfairness and punishment and the EU using things "to their advantage" its a bit like the supporters of a football club which decided to appoint the retired PE teacher who was most recently the coaching assistant at Bogchester Rovers as manager, crying that their opponents are being unfair because theyre managed by Pep Guardiola.

It's a tough one, but it is enough to make Macron scared he might lose the next election, which is why he has recently made rather right wing decisions regarding Muslim schools etc, there is a belief that this was done to stop me pen from gaining ground

Sponsored Links
Back