Forge Steel tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone bought any of these tools? They sell a lot of this in screwfix and they seem very good quality. They seem reasonably priced too. I am just updating my tools collection and thought I might replace a few items with these.

Reckon they be up to the job?

Sponsored Links
I've got one of their metal vices and its absoultely horrible. The jaws move all over and it takes about a week to wind it in 10mm

Only got it for some extremely light duty work in the office and its not up to the job.

Who makes forge steel tools?

Are these just rebranded tools made by others, or do they actually make their own stuff?

I have a Draper brick hammer and it is exactly the same as an Estwing one but cost less than half the price. Only difference is the colour of the grip.

So if they do rebrand, some tools will be good, and others crrap

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure who makes them, i think they are all as you say rebranded.

I have a couple of other bits, a cross pein hammer and a 20oz hammer which have taken a true beating and survived so far.

Also have some of those quick grip / spreader clamps cost about £3 from screwfix but these arn't so hot.

Absolute junk! I would avoid at all costs.

I made the mistake of buying a screwdriver set by FS. Rounded the end of one of the Phillips screwdrivers on the first screw I used it on. A few days later I then broke off half of a flat screwdriver head on a socket screw. Finally I snapped the largest flat screwdriver trying to open a new tin of paint!

Chucked the lot after that.

generally get what you pay for.
Good quality stuff at a sensible price is northerntoolsuk.com. Their own brand stuff is brilliant for the money. Had a socket set of theirs for about 6 years now and regularly use the sockets on impact guns with no problems. Ratchets are good too.

screw drivers are rubbish.broke 4 in a month. also cant get crimpers on the larger sizes when according to screw fix they crimp up to 22mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back