Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Admin,

I would like to suggest an addition to the GUI of the forum.
I believe it would be informative to posters and viewers to know if the person(s) responding to topics/threads are tradesmen who work in that field, or an associated field.

This could be done simply by adding a form field to one's profile management page which asks the member if they would like to enter their occupation (from a predefined list to prevent any silliness) that would then populate a 'subtitle', underneath that member's 'name' in their profile banner when they submit a post!
It would be useful to allow two or three descriptors for those who are multiskilled.

I do not see this as being a "mark of recommendation" (as one member has disputed), rather as a useful tool to assist those making decisions, based upon forum responses.

What say ye?

Edit: I see that the 'occupation field" already exists on my personal information page, so all that needs to be done is for this to populate a 'title header' under my user name, in the blue banner of my posts :)

Sponsored Links
Personal Information page is not always available. It can be hidden by the user.

No I mean that page can be used to add an item to the profile banner of each user! There would need to be some coding by admin on the forum templates that would action this, but no big deal I would have thought?

Sponsored Links
Back