Forum Update

You cannot login without cookies.
Then how come today I am able to see new posts and yet I have not accepted any cookies on here and the popup is gone?

Blanket acceptance of all is the issue, necessary cookies should be an option to allow while refusing all other tracking etc.

Sponsored Links
Then how come today I am able to see new posts and yet I have not accepted any cookies on here and the popup is gone?

Blanket acceptance of all is the issue, necessary cookies should be an option to allow while refusing all other tracking etc.

If you click on the "padlock" symbol in the site address bar at the top, it usually gives you a drop down box of all the cookies being used by the site. On my Mac here and now, diynot.com is using 17 cookies apparently.

I don't think it is always possible to allow people to opt out of all "tracking" cookies, at least without not denying those people some of the functionality.

If you are concerned, you could always download a browser extension such as Ghostery.

However you appear to have fixed it!

Thank you kindly..... much appreciated.
1653040254803.png

Sponsored Links
Photo's. What's going on? I can't upload photos from my iPad since the update - keep getting a message saying file is too big. I have to screenshot the photo, save as a photo and only then can I upload to my post. Bit of a faff.

Photo's. What's going on? I can't upload photos from my iPad since the update - keep getting a message saying file is too big. I have to screenshot the photo, save as a photo and only then can I upload to my post. Bit of a faff.
Indeed, this is not correct, not permanent, should be fixed this afternoon.

SO who accepted the cookies for me?
I certainly did not?

Cookies are a standard part of the internet. They are accepted by your browser by default. If you turn off all cookies, you'll find a large proportion of the web will stop working (including DIYnot).

This should now be fixed.

Actually there has to be the ability to deny them.

Making it so you have to accept them to use the site IS against the cookie law.
No, it really isn’t. You have to choose to accept them, and if you don’t then it’s entirely legal to prevent you using a website.

So it seems the forum update/software/whatever it’s called is now similar to that of another forum I use. It doesn’t do it all the time, which is better than the other forum, but still does it. What happens is, you can be typing away in a thread, and I don’t always look what I’m typing, and when punctuation is used, it will sometimes delete the previous letter. Is there a fix for this, or put up with it?

So it seems the forum update/software/whatever it’s called is now similar to that of another forum I use. It doesn’t do it all the time, which is better than the other forum, but still does it. What happens is, you can be typing away in a thread, and I don’t always look what I’m typing, and when punctuation is used, it will sometimes delete the previous letter. Is there a fix for this, or put up with it?
I’m getting that too. Normally when I've finished a sentence, add a full stop and find the last letter missing.

Has the font changed?

Seems very thin, I have to zoom in a fair bit to make it easily readable.

Good afternoon

I was hoping to change my username again and searching for the link to that. Sadly I could not locate it.
Could you please direct me to that as I wish to change my name here.

Many thanks in advance

Rupert

Sponsored Links
Back