Foul drainage with coverted self contained flats - Regs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm looking to convert an existing open plan office on a first floor into 4 self contained flats.

There is limited foul drainage options and it appears that the only choice would be to connect all 4 foul runs to the existing SVP.

From a building regs perspective I'm not sure if this would be an option and whether this could be signed off by a BCO.

If not, and other than Saniflos/macerators etc. are there any other forced/pressured or even pumped system that could be considered.

The problem is trying to get out the 4" below the f/f concrete slab. The floor is supported by RC drop beams and columns. There is little room within the ceiling void of the retail unit below to run new 4" wastes etc.

There is 300mm clearance from the underside of the dropbeams and the span of the run to get out to the sewer main is approximately 20m. I don't believe that there is sufficient fall therefore.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Why is connecting to the existing not an option?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back