Found a live wall socket under my bath!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
look what i found when i removed the old bath from my bathroom, copper pipes in the foreground are the baths hot and cold feed. The horizontal marking above the socket is where the top of the bath used to be.

Surely that's not the smartest thing to do! :eek:

backeletric1.jpg

So my question is whats the best way to remove this and cap it off. If there a box/ftting thing i can buy to terminate the wire safely and so i can pop it under the floor boards or even plaster it into the wall?

tia

ewan

Sponsored Links
Ewan
It looks like it has been spurred off of something, probably another socket.
If you can trace it back you can then disconnect it completely.
Remember to switch off the circuit at the CU before doing so.

if cant get access to the wire spur to remove it, look that way at the moment, what else can i do?

There was a flex outlet under our bath for years, live. Fed a towel rail in the past. IMO as long as it cant be got at without a tool, theres nothing wrong with it. Under the bath is outside zones, isn't it?

Sponsored Links
found the info i need, chock block and stick on a blanking plate, easy

crafty: the new bath thats going in is a free standing roll top so i cant see wet arms hanging over the sides of the bath dripping water + a live socket being a good thing... better ti be safe than dead and all that :)

ewans said:
the new bath thats going in is a free standing roll top so i cant see wet arms hanging over the sides of the bath dripping water + a live socket being a good thing... better ti be safe than dead and all that :)

Get it properly removed then.

Why cant you get access to the other end of the cable? where does it go?

How many cables feed the bathroom socket?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back