Found one!!! Pics tomorrow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Call from my 2nd cousin yesterday, a tap washer had given way whilst he was touring europe and his kitchen and alot of the lower floor is trashed.

Anyway, the electricity had gone off, he had a sparks round who did some testing and then buggered off saying he would be in touch, called me instead.

Arrive and the first thing I spot is a VO ELCB!!! hurrah.

Anyway pics tomorrow when i have been to installl an earth rod, a 100mA RCD and some bonding and test the circuits.

Sponsored Links
There is one in my house at the moment which i am renovating, i can send it to you for postage costs when it comes out if you like them that much :D

I've got the one featured in the ESCs guide to PIRs in my shed if anyone wants it :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Rob you hold onto that, I show my copy of the ESC guide to all sorts of people.

Not collecting them I'm afraid, just pleased to find one.

Unfortunately forgot my camera today :(
Place is a right mash up, needed re-wiring anyway, nice overhead supply and a possible earth rod!!

Any how now has a nice shiny earth rod with fresh family urine helping it along :)

I always turn the water off when I go away...

So do I after a friend of a friend went to Oz for a month and the cold feed to the tank in the loft burst about a week after they'd gone. Three weeks of mains water spraying out in the loft makes a hell of a mess to plaster walls, plasterboard and floorboards..... :eek:

I knew one bloke who thought it would also be a good idea to turn the electric off when he went away - he forgot about the freezer full of meat though :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back