Foundation depth and bloody trees!

s85

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a tree in my neighbours garden which is about 5 meters away from the foundations of my single storey extension.

How do i determine what kind of tree it is because the BCO wont be able to tell me how deep to go before i tell him the type of tree?

Its bloody tall an' all!!

Sponsored Links
Ive got a tree in my neighbours garden which is about 5 meters away from the foundations of my single storey extension.

Firstly, why is your tree in your neighbours garden?

Can you post a piccie?

Well its not my tree exactly ..but since its causing me more headache than my neighbour it might as well be mine!!

I'l get a pic of the tree up tomorrow when the sun comes out.

This is the wrong time of year :( but as well as the tree, a photo of a leaf, showing size, shape and colour, would help identify it even better

Sponsored Links
...and photograph the trunk.

At least then we can determine whether this is going to be a white elephant.

Sorry John feeling a little mischievous

Surely your Bco has an idea !!!! You could tell him anything with low water demand etc... :rolleyes: If I dont know what kind of tree it is, I make it my job as the Bco to find out, I even carry books in my car specifically for when this sort of thing comes up. As said post a pic, its difficult at this time of year but builders would love it if I told them to wait for spring before doing foundations :LOL: :LOL:
What type of ground have you got ? I assume clay.

your woodlouse, coming back from his holiday

(it's usually a mouse)

How do i determine what kind of tree it is...

Plenty online tree ID guides. You don't need to know how tall it is because this is determined by the species. What you do need to know is your ground soil type and plasticity. How will the BCO know that?

I've uploaded some pictures of the tree. Unfortunately there are no leaves and theres no visible trunk.

Any ideas of what the tree is???

When i spoke to the BCO over the phone he didnt mention the soil type, he just seemed concerned with the tree.

Ive dug down 1 meter already - its mostly just normal soil, but there are bits of clay , but not alot.

Jeds - if you could point me to the direction of the some online tree guides that would be great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back