Freely TV

Sponsored Links
isnt it just a freeview rebrand but updated format ??[information courtesy off lucid]
"It is the platform operator of Freeview and its satellite twin Freesat, and is owned by the country’s leading public service broadcasters."

The blurb I read said that it was going to be more internet- rather than transmission-based.

I'm vaguely keeping an eye.

Likely the same bunch of useless Commitee specifiers that messed up You View and took forever and a year to launch.

Don't hold your breath for it.

I read, somewhere, that Hisense were to be one of the first to market with it...

Intended to be iPTV with live and catchup streams, for if/when traditional broadcast ends?

Sponsored Links
When they say free - I am assuming they are still streaming live TV, so you need a TV Licence.

not worth it for beeb and iplayer. I would have stayed a loyal customer had they not sent me so many rude and threatening letters when I first moved in (and had no tv).

Only the BBC though.
it allows me to record all freeview channels and filter out the adverts-- if free view goes i am knackered as i dont do subscription adverts--pay for or finger selecting content just select record program--series and forget o_O

I wouldn't go that far.

But I do think they need to cut the apron strings and start charging people who want it and blocking people who don't.

I wouldn't go that far.

But I do think they need to cut the apron strings and start charging people who want it and blocking people who don't.
i suspect thats exactly what freeview are doing with the online service but i dont know what requirement will continue in the "public services " roll??

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back