Britain’s Most Shameless Mum

Slow down , those homes and gardens are where a lot of my income comes from , I don't want forced labour edging me out :sneaky: . Your other suggestion about only giving child benefit to the first couple of kids on the other hand makes much more sense.
Hang on a mo, aren't you the same ladylola that was claiming benefits and collecting tin cans?

Sponsored Links
I certainly collect cans , public spirited me keeping the streets tidy and a halfpenny each to boot. As to the benefits , after being told that after thirty years of paying in to be told I would get the bare minimum , then later being told to pay it back along with some of my severance pay I've become even more cynical and don't feel remotely guilty about the few quid I can claim. That by the way amounts to child benefit for my only child and a bit of working tax credit. Well remembered though Gasman.
JBR , no offence taken . The garden comment was pretty much tongue in cheek.

I certainly collect cans , public spirited me keeping the streets tidy and a halfpenny each to boot. As to the benefits , after being told that after thirty years of paying in to be told I would get the bare minimum , then later being told to pay it back along with some of my severance pay I've become even more cynical and don't feel remotely guilty about the few quid I can claim. That by the way amounts to child benefit for my only child and a bit of working tax credit. Well remembered though Gasman.
JBR , no offence taken . The garden comment was pretty much tongue in cheek.
So, you are still sponging off the government then. I'm sure, somehow, before you were from Liverpool, or am I wrong? That makes no difference. Public spirited? good on yer fella, but you are still one of the countries great unwashed. Try getting off your arse and working for a living the same as the rest of us has to. Deja vu mucker

No definitely not from Liverpool . My arse is also definitely lifted too as I work for a living , as I have done for most of my life , I don't rely on benefits to feed and clothe us. I'm now self employed and entitled to some working tax credits ( clue there , tax credits for people who are working) which after 30 odd years of paying in and not taking out I don't feel guilty of receiving . My partner is in a similar situation , years of paying in and taking very little. So I suppose in a way we are sponging but then so is everyone who uses the NHS , sends their kids to school , or drives on public roads (y)

Sponsored Links
No definitely not from Liverpool . My arse is also definitely lifted too as I work for a living , as I have done for most of my life , I don't rely on benefits to feed and clothe us. I'm now self employed and entitled to some working tax credits ( clue there , tax credits for people who are working) which after 30 odd years of paying in and not taking out I don't feel guilty of receiving . My partner is in a similar situation , years of paying in and taking very little. So I suppose in a way we are sponging but then so is everyone who uses the NHS , sends their kids to school , or drives on public roads (y)

No sponging there. It's an entitlement.

Do I get the impression that some feel claiming any money from the Government is "sponging"?

We've also been claiming government money for looking after someone else's child ( fostering if you want the technical term) so expect to see me on a channel 4 documentary called " Britain's biggest spongers" .

Me and wife No1 (now departed) applied to be foster parents in 90s. Bureaucracy caused us to give up.

Bureaucracy caused us to give up.

Yeah , fully understand what you mean there. We've been on a series of courses as part of our "training" biggest part of which have been three or four hours of waffle which coupled with surveys of ones home and financial records , meetings after meetings have left us wondering how they ever get anyone to foster.

If I am wrong, then I apologise

Child benefit for two kids only and that's it.

I lean towards that way of thinking too, but in reality know it could never work in a civilised society. We wouldn't put up with kids in poverty. Hence, the baby factories hold the aces.
As already indicated by the thread title ("Shameless", being the operative word), quality scrounging is like a game of poker; if you've got the balls, brass-neck, and game-face for it, you'll be right.

Sponsored Links
Back